X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Race
    Attached Files
    "Honestly, Anakin, I swear you'll be the death of me someday." Obi-wan Kenobi

Comment

• I cannot unzip 2.15 Beta because WinZip says i need the correct password. What gives? Your download site did not say I need a password to try this Mod.
      The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
      Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

• Promethius, currently version 2.12B is the last public release of the mod, although if you would lie to help out with the testing of teh Beta please email either myself or Elucidus and we can send you the password. We need all the help we can get, so feel free to join in!
        DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
        EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
        AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• great new wonder splashes!

Excellent new wonder splashes I bet Elucidus will love those. Thanks a lot for your efforts be nice to see that part of mod complete.
          Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
          Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• Originally posted by Allondro
            Master Race

Allondro, these are great. Could you perchance zip them up and put them up here? JPEGs just don't have the same quality and would look distorted, so I would rather not "save as" your pictures.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Changes to game play with mod

I thought I would mention some things about this great mod that some may not realize to really help you enjoy the new style of game play provided by the Balancer mod. Elucidus has added numerous new military units, new wonders with splash screens, new resources including new graphics on some old resources. The game play has changed slightly making the game much more fun then it was. In our opinion. We are still looking for feedback to make changes for everyone enjoyment. Keep Elucidus informed on what you think about the mod and/or changes you would like to see. Below is a little explaination about certain aspects of the mod. If you havn't tried the balancer check it out. It is unique amoung all the mods out there. IMHO

Elucidus wanted to either stop or slow down AI sprawl in the game. Making player have a reason to switch goverments. The rate cap for despotism is 6 in order to do better research you must switch goverments. You no longer loose large amounts of cash doing so. Religious nations will have no problem switching, transition is immediate. However other nations will have to wait 1-6 turns for transition to new goverment.
              The first thing you do when starting out and/or building new cities is build a worker. Control him to be sure he irrigates a good tile if possible right away. Due to a bug that still exsists with the governor in some cities not all, he will do production instead of food. This could cause a RED color to appear in the city size number slot. (Shortage) If your city is size 7-14 this could happen be careful about this. Workers need to irrigate about 70% of the tiles in the city square. Again this is not the mod causing these problems it is a bug with the governor. If you do start having trouble try telling governor to do only food, if that doesn't work turn the governor off for monitoring production. You will have to manually place workers from production tiles to food tiles through the city screen. Next patch should fix this we hope anyways.

Many new resources have been added. One new one needs some explaination. This is hemp it is used for Strategic purposes mainly, but also has food and commerce values. This is copied from the real world all documented. You will need hemp in order to build the ships that require sails etc. Hemp seeds are very high in protein providing only 1 food. The commercial value comes in because hemp can be used for over 50,000 different types of products used in manufacturing of many other products. You will find hemp in final version on all terrain but Tundra and desert.

Okay I just wanted to cover a few things that may have not been mentioned to everyone before. Enjoy! :
              Last edited by Desert Dog; May 8, 2002, 16:55.
              Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
              Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• Godd review DD. That actually cleared a couple of things up for me, and I have been helping out with the mod!
                DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• Wonder splashes

Here is the zip file with all the above pictures. These convert well into pcx format with Photoshop. Let me know if you want me to email them to you.

Cheers!

Allondro
                  Attached Files

Comment

• yeah bud, I can't seem to download it off of the site, if you could email it to me I would appreciate it. I would like to include it in the release of 2.15 that I hope to do this Friday.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• Crash in 2.12B

Hello, when I wasn't able to even start a game with the beta I tried out the latest public version...
                      I have a reproducable crash... is Napoleonic Code broken? (that's what I'm about to build when the game crashes)... saved game is attached.

Game was otherwise stable so far...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Um, yeah it is broke. The entry was mysteriously left out of the pediaicons file. I am sorry, I didn't realize the problem was in 2.12 as well as 2.15 (where it was Identified by one of the testers).
                        Attached Files
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Originally posted by Elucidus
                          Um, yeah it is broke. The entry was mysteriously left out of the pediaicons file. I am sorry, I didn't realize the problem was in 2.12 as well as 2.15 (where it was Identified by one of the testers).
                          If an AI player tries to build it will the game also crash?

Comment

• Yes. In my current game the French just built it and the game crashed. But the fix works for player and AI.

Comment

• Ah, what fix? You mean something besides the 2.15 beta?

Comment

• Fix Fix Fix Fix...

How much Fixés did they bring out? 12.99??

Over 6 motnh since release, and the newest version wasn´t free of bugs...

For THIS price, i won´t buy a Original...

Didn´t they perfect a game before release???

Where´s the perfect updateversionfree games from early 90´s?

Ah... we live in Capitalism... yeah... time is money... each day they can release earlier, they can made more money...

Really really really bad work @ Fireaxis AND Civ-Godfather Sid Meier...

Since this game, Sid was my favourite gameautor...

CivIII is nice, really, but only coded to get MORE money...
                                No MP... a very light editor.... Hey, for 60€, I can await a full stabil MP-strategie... not this '$%&"

Sorry

p.s.: my english is bad *g*

Comment

Working...
                                X