This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm...
    On the odd chance that I had a messed up file I totally wiped Civ from my computer, ran McAfee and Norton both, defragged my drives, reloaded the game on another partition and installed freshly downloaded copies of the mod (211A and B), and tried the same game from a few turns back. The moment it built the explorer BAM! desktop.
    So here is the game when it crashed and the bic file. This save game won't load completely on my computer now.
    Here's hoping...
    Attached Files
    "Honestly, Anakin, I swear you'll be the death of me someday." Obi-wan Kenobi

Comment

• Somethings goofy. Worked great. Loaded it up and the explorer was selected and all. Try unzipping this into your art/units folder in civ3. Maybe something is wrong with your load files. Have you ever built the explorer before? Is anyone else having problems with the explorer?

here is the link:
      http://balancer.topcities.com/Files/Explorer.zip - link removed
      Last edited by Elucidus; April 12, 2002, 19:02.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• Explorer works fine for me.. dont really use them often, and I cannot say I've ever found a goodie hut with one. But I'll give it a try later and see what happens.
        You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Changed my production from explorer to barracks and had no crash until I built a settler two turns later. I have no idea what the problem could be. I'm currently logged onto AIM as of this post...

Comment

• Figgered it out. Loaded 1.16f instead of 1.17f when I installed the game. Attention to detail solves all problems...
            Thanx for the efforts. Love the mod!

Comment

• Glad you cleared it up. Let me know if you have any other problems.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Elucidus,

You change anything much in the modern era? I'm getting a new crash now, seems when I build "SS Life support system" and then try to change the production of any of my cities I get a random crash.

This could just be a thing with Civ3 I suppose, But I was just wondering if you had changed something which may cause a problem in the late game.

Chaing
                You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Could be my fault. Can you send your savegame here.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• If you're still looking for a picture of stonehenge, try this one out.
                    Cheers
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hey thanks, I'll download it when I get home today. We are always looking for new/better images for what is in the game. Currently we are working on the combat balancing act, so we haven't had time to work on the graphics much lately.

We are testing the new combat values to see what kind of results we get regularly. Will keep everyone posted. Unfortunately my webmaster has gone AWOL and so the news page is out of date. Please come to either this post or the CivFanatics post for news updates until further notice.

Another piece of news is that we would like to welcome Desert Dog to the team. He has been helping extensively with the testing as well as helping us come up with new and exciting ways of doing business. He has been a great asset and I just wanted to publicly welcome him.
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

• Hi!
                        I found another "bug"
                        As usually I havn't read the other post,so sorry,if ya already know it

When a city finish a building,if the AI, in the little window of the Domestic Advisor,want to build the "Strike fighter",the game crash just when ya close that window!

Goodnight

Comment

• Well That is another point where my game will crash, selecting 'strike fighter' from the build que and then trying to change it. It ONLY seems to crash when you have 'allow victory via space race' enabled. Forwhatever cooky reason.

You get that save file alright Elucidus?

Chaing

Comment

• Guys,

I have to apologize. The construction company working on the house next door cut my phone-line. No phone-line no internet. Hopefully I will have it back tonight when I get home.

Chaing,

I did get your savegame, but I cannot download it yet. Sorry about this.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• I got the problem with the strike fighter worked out. The ini file in my directory doesn't match the one in the zip file. Here is the correct one. Sorry about the problems.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just unzip into your art/units/strike fighter/

directory.
                              Last edited by Elucidus; April 20, 2002, 21:02.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Hey now I can continue one game!

I got another crash before having the strike fighter. Maybe you should just zip up all the files in your directory and send them to us? heh.

Anyway I've yet to figure out what I was building when the game crashed, it very well could have been a random Civ3 crash. But thanks for the strike fighter fix.

Chaing

Comment

Working...
                                X