This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah Desert Dog,

That unit icon is a known issue, but we don't know what causes it at the moment. The program gets the icons you mentioned from the same place it gets the other ones, so your guess is as good as ours.

As far as those, tech tree issues, I never noticed it. I will look into it, but I don't think I will be able to do anything about it.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

• Here is that image of the science advisor screen.

Comment

• Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• OK why didn't it attach? Let's try again.

I had to use 256 colors and crop some of the pic, but you can get the gist of it.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah that is all wrong, this is what it should look like:
            Last edited by Elucidus; April 20, 2002, 20:58.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Are you playing it as a scenario or as a replacement to the base game?
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• I am playing as a scenario. Is that wrong? It's my first time trying a mod.

Comment

• Well that is how they originally intended it, but the science advisor screen goes nuts (as you have seen).

I haven't tested it as a scenario and don't know what else may not work. If you do try it as the normal game then be sure to back up your original civ3mod.bic first.

In the near future I plan on uploading all of the original files that we replaced in the mod, on our web-page in case anyone wants/needs to uninstall. I will probably do that this weekend.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• Colonist...

We currently use a unit with 2 movement.

We have used a unit with 1 movement and all terain as roads.

The difference is that in the beginning the one with 1 movement can travel a lot faster, but on roads acts like a unit with 1 movement. However, the one with two movement on roads cranks. Once you have a decent road network you can expand really fast.

My question is which fits expansionist civs better. Being able to expand like weeds right off the bat, or being a bit slower right off the bat and expanding like mad when you have some roads laid out.

Any thoughts on this?
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• works fine now

I think the way you are doing it now is fine. I am currently on an extremely large piece of real estate all by myself. With the colonist I might be able to fill it up completely by the 1600-1700 AD. If it was normal I would not be able to fill this land. You are on the right track with your idea in my opinion.

I am running XP OS 1Gig AMD Radeon All-In-Wonder 256 megs of ram. When I quit civ3 I am prompted to send error report that civ3 caused to microsoft. This has only happened with one other mod that was LWC. He too made changes to the tech tree. His had problems big time when you hoverd over the techs, nothing matched what the science advisors said it was. I only found this problem with one tech you had a nazi symbol on, advisor said it was The Republic. It is not your fault obviously must be bugs I hope Firaxis is aware of.
                      Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                      Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• Nazi Symbol? That shouldn't be there. We got rid of that. Also, the BIC has become corrupted. It may be due to the tech tree being re-done, but it was fine until recently. The only fix I have found for it is to recreate the bic file from a fresh 1.17f BIC file. Ouch.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• I like the colonist with movement 2 that travels quickly on roads.

A colonist that uses all terrain as roads could easily be used to seperate the ai from the rest of the island or strategic resources before it can expand itself.

What about increased hitpoints for veteran an elite soldiers? I like your mod but I have given veteran units 5 hp and elite units 7 hp. It's really fun to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elucidus
                            Nazi Symbol? That shouldn't be there. We got rid of that. Also, the BIC has become corrupted. It may be due to the tech tree being re-done, but it was fine until recently. The only fix I have found for it is to recreate the bic file from a fresh 1.17f BIC file. Ouch.
                            Espionage has the nazi symbol that shows up as the republic. (2.01b mod I am using) Alot of the units are showing wrong icons. I was building the Light House but it has no purpose sense I can travel oceans & sea.
                            After all that, covered almost all of my land the game crashed fatally. Maybe you are correct about the bic file being bad. Is this true for 2.01 as well? I hope not but if so I will wait for you to update.
                            One point corruption is real bad in my game. Forbidden wonder already built, I even tagged one more building to help battle corruption on large land masses. Other than corruption problems I really like the changes you have made. Especially allowing the cities to grow larger before needed Aqueduct & hospital.
                            I will wait for the update before proceeding I guess
                            Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                            Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• 2.01B Did not have that issue with being corrupt. Maybe try re-unzipping it or redownloading the zip. Also the corruption of the file I am talking about only crashes when you close the game. If you found something else we will have to work that issue. If you could send the save file that has the problem to my email account I'll take a look at it.

As far as corruption in the game, I haven't seen it runing rampant, how many cities have you built?

Also I am look at reducing both limits to 7 and 14 before needing an aquaduct/hospital.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Desert Dog,

I checked your save file and had no problems. How many turns did it take for you to experience the crash? I played about ten.

Tori,

You are correct, people would use them to block off the AI. Good Call. It will remain as it is. Thanks again.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X