Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just ran a quick test game. It wasn't a straight game, but I reduced the requirements to nothing and reduced its cost to minimal. Built it and low and behold...Army does not show up for this city. Hurry and build another city and not army option...

Well, I am sorry about that. We will definately look into that. Thanks for the info.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

• Dunno- I just noticed about 1500...

Comment

• Eluc

No. The Army does not show up in the build queue. I know i have all requirements to be able to build the armies now. Really the only requirement you need besides of coarse the military acad., is an army already existing in your civ and that army be victourious in a battle, and i have done that?! Again, i dont know if i am missing another part in the mixture, or the reichstag wonder is not working properly, but i dont think that is it, the only thing its suppose to do is give you a military acadamy in every city right?, well it has done that in my game, the only other possiblity would be that the small wonder military acad...is broke!!!!! What do you think?

By the way...on up in the posts here...i posted my save game file....right when the reichstag is about to be built..i uploaded that file for people to d/l and test the reichstag ability w/me if they wanted to....maybe you can try it if you have time sometime to d/l that save game and see for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cian McGuire
          Dunno- I just noticed about 1500...

Huh?
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

• Re: Re: Visual range

Thanks for your answer Elucidus ,

Originally posted by Elucidus
            I believe we could extend the range of a battleship...never thought about it.
            What do you mean by "range"? You just mean the visual range or also the bombardment rang?
            If it's possible to alter the visual range of the battleship it also makes sense to alter the visual range of the radar (!) artillery.

Also the carrier has radar, but how would you use an AWACS? Set it to Air Superiority, or would it's mere existance in a city or on a carrier activate it? Of course, what's to say you cannot add movement to air units. I've never tried but that might work.
            Well, didn't you add movement to the helicopter or was that in ancients mod (anyway I like your's more!)?
            We would just need a new air unit called "AWACS" w/o bombardment and Air Superiority just w/ Relocate and Recon. Set range to perhaps 5 and visual range to at least 4 or 5.

As far as the small wonder I like the idea, for the most part, but again, currently no capability for it.
            I don't know if it's even possible.
            1. The AI would have to use it.
            2. Subs shouldn't be shown (I don't know any satellite that's able to spot subs when dived - otos: perhaps some MAD-sat?).
            [For all non-NAVY-fans: MAD = Magnetic-Anomaly-Detector;
            But than we would have to distinguish between normal steel-subs (can be spotted by MAD) and titanium-subs (can't be spotted, 'cause titanium=not-magnetic).
            - I see, have to get harpoon 4 again!]

I wish my day had 36 hours...

Thanks for reading...

Maverick
            "Amicus magis necessarius, quam ignis et aqua. - A friend is more necessary than fire and water. - Ein Freund ist notwendiger als Feuer und Wasser."
            Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• Sorry, I had a bit of a headache yesterday, I guess from working on that civilopedia constantly for the last few days.

I meant to say visual range. I had a similar thought for the radar artillery. I am not sure about the helicopter movement, I'll check when I get home this afternoon.

Also I forgot about the recon mission. Thanks for pointing that out.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Huh?
                Sorry, that was in reference to your question if it had been occuring all game...

Comment

• Leaders?

Is anybody else having trouble getting leaders while using this mod?

I played a game as the French before the mod came out and I managed to get a couple of leaders. I had a little war with the Germans. Took out about a dozen cities and a couple dozen troops. In the process I got 2 leaders.

I applied the mod and started a new game as the Americans. I have had major wars with France, Russia, and Germany. I have around 100 troops that have taken 35 cities and had literally hundereds of battles. But not one leader yet. I would say that 80% of my troops have made it to Elite status, but i can't seem to get over that hump.

Is anybody else having the same results or am I just caught in some type of cruel computer joke?

Comment

• I've only ever gotten three leaders, one while playing this mod.

*shrugs*

Comment

• Reply to Leaders

Ive not had any problem getting leaders in the game i have played. Its roughly 1950 in current game im playing and ive been involved in a tremendous world war that has last rougly 50yrs! It began w/me attacking the iroquious wanting to wipe them out, around the year 1910 and of coarse every other civ gets involved w/alot of mpp being signed. Anyway, in this game ive got 2 leaders just in this one war!!!!!!!!!!! So i dont think your problem has anything to do with the mod. I would say you are experiencing some bad luck!
                      The only problem right now im having is building armies w/the military acad. I dont know if the miltary acad is broke in the game or if its the reichstag wonder that is in the mod causing the problem....has anyone built an army w/the military acad?????????? Also, someone tell me exactly what are the requirements you have to meet in order to build armies using the small wonder military acad...maybe i missing something etc.........................thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by Cian McGuire

Sorry, that was in reference to your question if it had been occuring all game...

Oh sorry, you caught me a little off guard. That is weird then.

Oh yeah and GenTomGun,

It is the wonder. I guess we will need to disable it in 1.5 until we can figure out what is wrong with it. Sorry about that guys.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Double post...
                          Last edited by Elucidus; November 28, 2001, 21:18.
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

• My version of the 1.42 mod

I have attached the civ3mod bic with my changes made to it. You guys can look at it if you want to and put some or all of the changes into the next version that comes out. (If the rest of you want to play with it, that is fine too. )
                            Before, I used the editor hack to edit the file, and I think this was the problem. Since I started using the original editor, I have not had any more crashes.

I made all the changes I mentioned in my earlier post- reduced free units for cities and metropolises; reduced the cost of the Forbidden Palace by 33%.
                            I also made all modern mechanized units "wheeled". I left out the zoc additions, but I would like to hear why you deleted this ability from some units.

I added a shield to the base value of Jungles and Mountains, and I decreased the time to clear jungles from 10 to 5. (Forests take 10 turns, but they also give you 10 shields, so I figured this was fair).
                            I gave Game a +1 production to go with the +1 food.
                            I made Ivory a strategic resource, and gave it a 120 apprearance setting (same as Salt Peter, and less than other resources). It is strategic to keep one civ from getting all of them, and it is required now to build War Elephants. They also occur in Jungles now, rather than Forests.

Speaking of units, I reduced the stats of Elephants from 4/3/2 to 3/3/1, reduced their cost from 70 to 30, and made them available with Horseback Riding. All this essentially moves them into an earlier period in history, where they belong. Too many UU's were available with Chivalry anyway. This is the only unit where I made major changes.
                            I made the Impi to 2 attack and 1 defend (Shaka didn't create an empire by defending).
                            I increased the Rider from 4/3 to 4/4 (only getting an increase in movement from 2 to 3 is pretty lame for a unique unit imo).
                            I decreased the Samurai's stats from 4/4 to 4/3, but I also decreased its cost from 70 to 50.
                            I increased the Panzer from 16/8 to 16/12, for the same reasons as the Rider.

I really don't think any of these changes are very controversial, except maybe for the Ivory. They may give you something to debate, anyway.
                            I just realized I forgot to change the Marine to 10/8, but I will leave that to your call. I also did not change the cost of any units or advances, since you are probably looking at that on your own as well.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you Wesw,

I like your changes. If Monkspider agrees I would like to add them to the game. Well most of them anyway. Oh man that includes updating the civilopedia again. At least you don't have to change it each time you change the stats it gets those directly from the bic.

Currently I am having some trouble with the 1.5 bic. So I can't add anything to it right now. Could be my system I guess. I don't know if it will delay release of 1.5.

Also I will be without Internet access this weekend...I hope only this weekend anyway. I am moving and, being the first house built on the block, the cable company needs to run their cables. That could take a while, so please bare with me.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Hey Wesw, I'm pleased to report that most of your proposed changes will be in 1.5 anyway.

I made all the changes I mentioned in my earlier post- reduced free units for cities and metropolises; reduced the cost of the Forbidden Palace by 33%.
                                --I haven't reduced the free unit rates yet, but Forbidden palace is exactly a third cheaper now.
                                I also made all modern mechanized units "wheeled". I left out the zoc additions, but I would like to hear why you deleted this ability from some units.
                                -I am unsure what being "wheeled" entails, care to specify? sorry

I added a shield to the base value of Jungles and Mountains
                                -That's already in
                                , and I decreased the time to clear jungles from 10 to 5. (Forests take 10 turns, but they also give you 10 shields, so I figured this was fair).
                                -I like this idea, but Jungles were already reduced from 20 (!) turns (I believe) to 10. In any event, i hate Jungles but I may wait until we can give Jungles lumber bonuses.
                                I gave Game a +1 production to go with the +1 food.
                                -Fair enough
                                I made Ivory a strategic resource, and gave it a 120 apprearance setting (same as Salt Peter, and less than other resources). It is strategic to keep one civ from getting all of them, and it is required now to build War Elephants. They also occur in Jungles now, rather than Forests.
                                Speaking of units, I reduced the stats of Elephants from 4/3/2 to 3/3/1, reduced their cost from 70 to 30, and made them available with Horseback Riding. All this essentially moves them into an earlier period in history, where they belong. Too many UU's were available with Chivalry anyway. This is the only unit where I made major changes.
                                -This choice I must respectfully disagree with, I don't think the early game should be bogged down with too many resources when your ability to trade is limited
                                I made the Impi to 2 attack and 1 defend (Shaka didn't create an empire by defending).
                                -This is good in theory, but puts the Egyptian Chariots in a bind, since they are 2-1-2 as well, but more expensive than spearmen.

I increased the Rider from 4/3 to 4/4 (only getting an increase in movement from 2 to 3 is pretty lame for a unique unit imo).
                                I decreased the Samurai's stats from 4/4 to 4/3, but I also decreased its cost from 70 to 50.
                                I increased the Panzer from 16/8 to 16/12, for the same reasons as the Rider.
                                -I see no problems, I actually really like that Samurai idea. Consider it implemented.

I just realized I forgot to change the Marine to 10/8, but I will leave that to your call. I also did not change the cost of any units or advances, since you are probably looking at that on your own as well.
                                -Marine is already changed in 1.5

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, I am very flattered to see your "artistic interpretation" of my mod Wes. Sorry about my inability to use the quote function very effectively
                                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X