X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They work fine for me...

Comment

• A few things to question here. First being about Governments.

I noticed that you chose to make the government with the editor and simply choose 'radio' or 'nationalism' for the prerequisit to 'make the government work'. I played around with the editor a bit and figured out that it's a little easier to do that way, but it *can* be done properly by adding a few things.

First you create an' advance and name it after the government. I chose "Federal Republic" for my test government. You would add the advance and then assign it an 'era' to become available. You can also add the cost (I chose a bit more than communism) as well as the position on the tech tree*. This way Icons could be added to personalize the governments, I'm not very good with graphics work so I chose the republic logo for this form of government. Regardless I played upto the industrial era and finally gained the ability for federal republic, switched over and played a bit with no problems.

Infact I only noticed a problem when I added it to the tech tree, which caused several crashes

Just my thoughts however!

Also along with Civpedia entries it's quite easy to do, if someone would want (Monkspider mainly as it's his mod.) me to add the Civpedia entries for the new forms of government as well as new units drop me a PM and I'd be more than happy to help.

Thats it for now, off to work on balanancing my fledgling government to fit well into the game.

Chaing
      Last edited by ChaingKaiShek; November 25, 2001, 23:40.
      You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Chaing,

I believe we already have the civilopedia entries for the current governments. I would like to here about your new govt when you get it balanced correctly. Any other ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated, as well. We can use all of the help we can get.

Although this is Monkspider's creation I do consider myself a large part of it. I hope Monkspider feels the same.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• I do, I consider Eluc a Co-creator in this whole process, without him the Balancer would be but a shadow of it's current self!
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Barring something unforeseen, 1.5 is set for release this Friday, I can say with absolute certainy that this will be hands down, the largest update to the mod yet, and will once again improve the game of Civilization III by a pretty good ammount. If anyone has any suggestions for anything they really want to see go in for 1.5, please make the suggestions now! As the Balancer team is going into the final stages of testing as we speak.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• i noticed while playing that other expanionist (i play americans) civs dont expand, they just stick to their first city. the only thing that i changed from your guys version (1.4?) is that i made colonist use 1 population instead of leaching 2 from a city. i played for a hundred turns and the iroquois, english, and russians were all still in their first city (expansionist civs). is this a known problem (i didnt see it mentioned above) or was this because i changed the pop. value?

Comment

• Mizaq,

I have never seen that. I can only speculate that this is from the changing of the pop requirement. I will test it and get back to you.

Did you try another game and have the same result? Maybe it was a fluke. Also was it only the expansionist civs that just sat there?
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

• Need Help

Ok ran into a game crash w/mod...i think...i am running a fascist gov...building the reichstag...as soon as its time to show the pic of reichstag and tell me that it has been built..the game crashes.......the pic for reichstag and the other added wonders do not show i=up in the civ pedia...or anywhere...its a blank yellow box....however i d/l that statue file from eluc..and that worked for taht..i can see the statue pic etc..i loaded the pcx files from the mod to the right folder it just will not show up the pic and i think that is what is crashing my game..how can i fix the pics for the new wonders etc.............help

Comment

• I'll definately look into that when I test 1.5 this week. Guess I'll have to play on chieftan so I can make all the wonders and things.

Thanks for the notice.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• I was just about to hit the reply button when the power flickered off, so here is a condensed version of my would-be post. Imagine that there are solid arguments backing up all of my suggestions.

Add a shield to the base value of Jungle and Mountain terrains.
                      Have clearing jungles give 5 wood to production.

Reduce the cost of the Forbidden Palace by about a third.

Increase advances cost by about 50% from about the end of the ancient age onward.

I would recommend not placing rate caps on gov's, or if you do, not to set them lower than 70% for any gov.
                      I would also look at lowering the number of free units per city. I think about 4 per metropolis for militaristic govs should be enough, to give you an idea. Modern units should cost more to build than they do currently, and should cost more to support.

Change the Samurai from 4/4/2 to 5/3/2.
                      Change the Marine from 12/7 to 10/8.

For the Medieval Pack, I kept a rough formula of increasing unit stats 50% from one upgrade to the next, and increasing cost by 33%. This seemed to work out well, if you want to use it as a guide for this next big update.

Keep your changes to boat movement, and do not add the ability to upgrade from wooden to iron ships.

I am sure there are things I forgot, but I can always post again later. Great work so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by WesW
                        Great work so far!
                        That means a lot comming from you. I enjoyed the Medieval Pack.

We will definately look into your suggestions, in fact we have been discussing some of them already.

Although I don't know how we would change the wood from Jungle without changing the wood from forests. Or do you mean both?

And the Mountain shields...I wasn't sure if it would be better to have them with an initial +1 or an extra +1 from the mine. Any ideas or rationals with that?

Thanks for the ideas.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Elucidas

I believe what the problem is...you can ck it....the color of the pic is true color i believe...and i think they need to be no more than 256 colors to work properly............i could be wrong...but the new statue pic you guys added few days ago was 256 instead of true color like the other pic files for the new wonders...and when the statue pic was changed it worked fine........you can look at that or at least maybe start there.......i guess i will have to postpone my game i have going.....becasue i need to build the reichstag.....playing fasicst chinese and was getting ready to build army up and wipe out the iroquiois......... guess i will have to wait..until you find out what it is...oh by the way...i went back to my saved game and changed the production from reichstag to a missle i think and it went on thru w/the game w.o locking up..so that has to be the problem.....if you have time soon....change the colors on the reichstag pic send it to me i will try it out since i am ready to build the reichstag...and go from there if ya want................anyway thanx..........keep up the work gusy.................

Comment

• That is exactly what I was looking at. Good deductive work, BTW. And thatnks. I will post a replacement pic for you so you can continue your game... Give me a minute.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Here you go. Until 1.5 comes out, this should suffice. Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem, or if there are any others.
                              Last edited by Elucidus; April 20, 2002, 20:34.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Perfect!

That fixed the problem....thanks alot... Just remember sometime down the road you guys will need to do that for the other new wonders you added.....lets see that has the statue and reichstag fixed...just need dino park...sgt pepper...and the other..classless society.............again thax

Comment

Working...
                                X