Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the corrections guys, proof-reading is obviously not my strong point. You will receive recognition in my next update by the way
    Also it should actually be 141, I uploaded 1.41 last night to help people having trouble with the colonist unit.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yeah, I noticed a few discrepencies in the Civilopedia in regards to spelling and grammer- if I get a chance I'll go over them as well.

One thing that would be useful however- what Civilopedia entries did you change?

Comment

• I actually have done an update. I just haven't sent it to Monkspider for reveiw. I updated the technical info for the new information and changes to old.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• One tip from an old modder-
          You would do well to copy the folder structure of Civ III folders whose files you are modding. Place this structure in a "mod" folder. Then place all of the mod's files in this structure, zip them up, and instruct people as to which Civ III folder to extract the files in to. I would suggest the Civilization III folder.
          This way, users don't have to place the files manually each time they dl a new version of the mod, and newbies don't have to worry about placing things in the wrong folder. It will help you keep things straight as well as your mod grows (and it will) .

Comment

• Yep, that's the way I do it. It is so much easier that way. Thanks for the tip.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Monkspider,

I was thinking, yes again... Since Nuclear Plants add 150% to production and all other plants are 50%. Why not separate them a little more. Why not make Hydro Plants give 100% and coal and solar give 100%. Although I believe you can only build Hydro in the same cities you can build Nuclear so maybe there should be a different twist to it. I was thinking Nuclear could replace Hydro, being clearer and more efficient and Solar can replace Coal for the same reasons. What do you think?
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackadar1
                I'm getting a GeoCities error when trying to download the latest version of this mod. Any help b/c it sounds great?

ADDENDUM:

Actually, the link listed on the first page is wrong. It should read...balancer141, not balancer14.
                It reads balancer141 now but I still cannot download it, it says there is no such file...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elucidus
                  The only way I could do it was to right-click and "save as." Did you try that?
                  It reads balancer141 but I still cannot get it no mater what I try

Comment

• Balancing of Governments

I was wondering about the Fascist Gov. you added to your mod.....is it balanced enough for the ai civs to use....i have been playing my game sometime now....and none have used it....i am using......though....also another question about the gov......do you think it would be logical to give the fascist gov the ability to pay for rush building...would it make it to powerful...etc...........give me some insight on this........i changed it to allow this but dont know if it will unbalance this govs......also...the rate cap of 50%...dont you think that is a bit to much? In my opinion if you are going to give the fascist gov...that much of penalty in research then i believe the other govs...should be tweaked down a bit also...to even it out.............................just some thought...........................

Comment

• This mod is probably really useful.

I'll never know since Geocities hates me.

Right clicking Save as doesn't even work now.

Grrrr.
                      .......The careful man tries to dodge the bullet, while the happy man takes a walk.

- E

Comment

• I don't have a copy of the newest mod, otherwise I would mirror it somewhere. We'll just have to wait for Monkspider to arrive and find a solution. Sorry guys.

Also as for Facism, the AI uses it alot when they are in war. I had a game where 1/2 were is Facism, 1/3 were Democracies, and the rest were in Communism. These are just generalizations, as I didn't count.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Thinking again...if the editor can handle this...

Make it so that taxmen add +2 after a bank is built

Scientists add +2 after a University is built; +3 after a research lab is built

Maybe even add a new worker to the mix, a Police Officer to decrease corruption.
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

• Well, just tried to dl it as well using the link at the front. Is it correct now? The URL I mean? As I tried it, got an error message from the site(Geocities, I should have known, damn you Geocities! ) But this mod looks just incredible. I take it if I have another mod installed, I must uninstall it before installing this one? As it actually hs made me turn away from Silent Hunter 2 and EU2 to have another go at Civ3.
                            Hey, whas tha pointy thing, and why is it sticking in the ground? And why is there a human head on it... Oh damn.

Comment

• To open view/open any geocities page:

1. Open a new browser window (if you mind not using the one you're view).
                              2. Copy the addy provided.
                              3. Paste addy into the addy bar of the browser.
                              4. Click Enter/Go.

Comment

• Just wanted to say a few things. First off being - GREAT WORK WITH THE MOD!. It's made the game actually enjoyable, quick question however and this is just a really stupid one.

Have I done something wrong, or are there really no Civpedia entries for the new forms of government in the game? They do show up, however there is no text. Not that it is a huge deal or anything.

Other stupid question, maybe further back in the post or maybe there is a link that shows the values of the new governments? (Corruption, draft rate - etc).

Once again good work!

Chaing
                                You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

Working...
                                X