Editing Civ3 Music Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Civ3 Music Files

I tried to change the music that the game plays by pulling out the music files and replacing them with my own mp3 files and renaming them to the same names used by the game.

However, this had the effect of getting the game to play only one of my soundtrack files over and over again. It would never play the others. After moving the original Civ3 files back to the game, it played only one of the songs and the files names are correct.

Is there a way to get Civ3 to recognize all the music that I put in? Is there a way to get Civ3 to play the original music again without reinstalling it?

Thank you!

Will Civ3 only play the soundtrack music that has the same names as the originals?

Comment

I already asked and no one has responded so far. It has to be in the coding somewhere because ir picks out individual songs based on the person you're talking too. It also differentiates the songs in the IndModern folder, only playing certain songs during industrial and others in modern. Beats me where the info is though.
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Hello? Anyone have an answer yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MacTBone
          Hello? Anyone have an answer yet?
          I say run Winamp in the background and make playlists for the different eras .... why? 2 reasons :

1) Winamp uses LESS system resources than the internal .mp3 decoder/player that comes with Civ3, so your game and anything else you have running will be much smoother.

2) More songs! Its scripted for 4 or 5 songs per era, and if you have a playlist going, you can have as many as you want randomized so you won't get bored of the same 5 songs !

make sense?

Cheers!
          ~Alex
          "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
          -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Yeah, I know, I already run Winamp in the background, but I really wanted to have "I'm Turning Japanese" play automatically when I talk to Toko, or "Back in the USSR" when talking to Catherine.

Comment

Working...
            X