X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two BIG Bugs

Heya,

The game has finally come out in NZ (Yay!) unfortunately I can't
    a) Start a new game (I can quick-start) . . . I get a full "illegal operation" crash on the select your world/barbarian activity page!

or

b) read most of the text properly (same prob I've seen in a couple of other posts, where the text is misaligned and overlaid on itself)

I've tried the usual uninstall/re-install, remove fonts, change visual settings fixes but to no success . . .

Any Ideas?

Specs:
    Processor: PIII 866
    RAM: 256
    Vid Chip: NVidia RIVA TNT 2 64

Hiho.

a.) Standard solutions first.
    Newest Video Drivers ? SoundCard Drivers ? Did you patch your 98 from windowsupdate ? How old is your Windowsinstallation (the older it is, the worse it gets with 98, my experience)

b.) Have you ....
    ... activated font smoothing ?
    ... deleted the lucida fonts in your windows/fonts dir ?

Cheers,
    WyattMax

Comment

The Fix . . .

Heya,

thanks for the suggestions . . . but I managed to sort out the problem last night.

Here's what I posted under a different thread (once I'd clarified what the prob was and found that I definitely wasn't alone . . .)

==============================================
      JUST GOT THE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go to the infrogames help site

where i found the following (my problem was the Scansoft OCRAware one . . .)

"The game runs fine, but the text is displaying oddly, like it's all compressed or I'm getting a Divide Error when I try to run the game."

We have found that this problem seems to be occurring on systems with more than 256 fonts installed in the Fonts folder, or systems running Scansoft's OCRAware software.

To check your fonts, click Start, then Run, type "Fonts" into the Open box, and click OK. When your Fonts folder opens, check the lower left corner to see how many fonts you have installed. If you have more than 255, you will need to uninstall fonts until you have 255 fonts or less installed. Contact your OS provider if you need assistance with this process.

To check for OCRAware, press Control-Alt-Delete on your keyboard to bring up your list of running tasks, and check for OCRAware in this list. If you find it, click on it to highlight, and click the End Task button.

Once these two conditions have been satisfied, try running the game again."

Comment

Working...
      X