Bizarre Peasant Revolt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Peasant Revolt???

Strangest thing I've seen in Civ3.... not sure if this is a bug, but if it's not, then The Dev Team Thought Of Everything...

Playing as the Greeks, Chieftan, I achieve a diplomatic victory (whee), and decide to play a few more turns... I've yet to play with nukes, and it might be fun to toss a couple around now that I've nothing to lose...

So I nuke a city or two in Japan and Babalyon and toast most of Egypt... when my own workers started attacking my cities. WTF?
    The workers were automated, and pretty much all the improvements had been completed. They marched up to an unremarkable city (no pollution, or any other particular reason for a worker to be there, although that city had built a couple of ICBM's) and basically attacked it. It took the defending unit 3 shots to kill each worker, the defender never took a hit and gained experience very quickly. In fact, the 4th worker who was defeated yielded a Great Leader! For killing my own workers!
    Most of the workers are still busy, but a few each turn sacrifice themselves on the altar of my defenders... WTF? Any ideas?

Included is a save file.... this turn 3 workers attacked a city... (expands to 2.5meg)
    Attached Files

I guess your workers revolt because you use too much nuclear weapons ! After all 'workers' must be green-loving dudes.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      ! After all 'workers' must be green-loving dudes.
      Does that explain why it takes forever to cut down a forest?
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Does that explain why it takes forever to cut down a forest?
        yeah, and if you don't keep them busy for 10 turns they start to plant forests all over the contignent !
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Tried your saved game. The workers acted normally for me, building railroads and cleaning up pollution. Can you reproduce the bug on your system?

Comment

That happened to me too when I started nuking people for no reason! I didnt know what was going on
            "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Working...
            X