Got a weird load game failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a weird load game failure

I can't seem to load my previously saved games. When selected as an option, the bar goes to 57%, and then...stops. This was actually not a problem until, oh, about ten minutes ago. It was working fine before. Could this be a momentary error, a glitch, some other weird thing, or what?
    And, before anyone says it, I've rebooted my comp, twice, tried different saved games, and the other obvious fixes so far.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Numbers."
    "Dare to be Stupid is a song, not a Call to Arms."

try clearing up some room on your C: drive; I had exactly that problem, and this solved it.
    kmj

Comment

Hey Slacker,

You and I are in the same boat (see my post earlier). Also, take a look on page four (of the same forum) where Mike from Firaxis responds to this problem.

Though the fix has been solved, we are evidently going to have to wait for the patch, which is no fun at all.

Michael

PS Clearing space on the hard drive doesn't help, it appears. I wish.

Comment

Re: Got a weird load game failure

Originally posted by Slacker
        I can't seem to load my previously saved games. When selected as an option, the bar goes to 57%, and then...stops. This was actually not a problem until, oh, about ten minutes ago.
        Do you get any error messages? If not, it could be a disk space problem. However, it could just be loading. Usually, the units are being loaded at 57% so it can take awhile if there are a lot if units on the map.

If you don't get any error messages this is not the same problem that martin3393 is having.
        Mike Breitkreutz
        Programmer
        FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Nope, not an error message in sight. It seems to have sorted itself out now, though. And with something like 1.5 gigs on my D drive (Where it's installed), I don't think that was the problem. Ah well. Like I said, it's working now. Weird.
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Numbers."
          "Dare to be Stupid is a song, not a Call to Arms."

Comment

Working...
          X