Resource image changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource image changes

I've been making some changes to the resource images and decided to post them on up here to see if anyone had any suggestions for improvement before I post a version for download.

So far I've slightly altered the gems and aluminum images and I've got an entirely new horse image that I'm working on (doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the images yet).

Anyway, here's a screenshot from the editor. Feel free to post any comments or constructive criticism.
    Attached Files

I like it!!!

give me the pcx file,please

Comment

the gems look great. the horses, IMHO, don't really fit with the other artwork yet. and the Al seems to complicated. but i really like the gems. when you post, you may consider making them all seperate files so people can pick and chose. or not :-) nice work
      Never laugh at live dragons.
      B. Baggins

Comment

Yeah, I know the horses don't fit, I'm currently working on them . For those who don't recognize the aluminum image, it's a can of Mountain Dew (American soda ... lots and lots of sugar and caffeine). I plan on doing Pepsi and Coca-Cola cans as well, and possibly others if there's interest.

As for seperate downloads, that could get complicated but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, right now I'm still working on the changes.

Here's a question for everyone: What resources, in your opinion, really really need to be changed (because of visibility or any other reason)? Personally, I don't like the coal image, but I'm not sure how I can change it to make it better.

Comment

How about...

Gems are good, Horses are good too. Aluminum I don't like.

Coal needs the most help simply because it is SO HARD to see.

Perhaps the coal listed in the top row 2nd from the right in the attachment below??? And can anyone make out what all those other resources are? I see...
          Row1 = ?, salt, logs, ?, sheep(wool), ?, ?, ?, oil, coal, ?
          Row2 = wine, fruit, ?, bull, shield, ?, goblet, potion/science beaker, coins, ?
          Row3 = ?
          Row4 = bread&fruit
          Row5 = kryptonite?!
          Row8 = ?, ?, fish, black elephant, rum?, oasis?
          Attached Files

Comment

Or...

The coal in the 3rd row for this 1 looks too big. As for the other stuff...

Row1 = gems, ?, ?, wood planks, scroll, ?, polarbear fur, ?, horse, ?, saphire bar?, ?
            Row2 = silver bar, gold bar, bear fur, ?, ruby bar?, ?, ?, ?
            Row3 = big fat coal
            Row6 = ?
            Row8 = ?, aluminum?, deer, walrus, ?, ?, ugly whale, ?, ?, eggs
            Attached Files

Comment

Pyro, in your first image:

Row three is iron (what do you think nails are made of)
              First row, all right is uranium, looks kinda atmoic to me
              last row, secnd image: gold

vinnie
              This might or might not be a signature

Comment

that's a nail?

Comment

I thought about using some of the resources from that file (resource.pcx, in the Civ3\Art directory, for those who want a better look at it), but the style just doesn't mesh with the other images. Some ideas I've had are to use products of the materiel resources (iron, coal, etc), similar to how they did Aluminum. So, for instance, I'd have a sword and a shield for iron, something... locomotive maybe? for coal, an atomic-type uranium instead of the kryptonite image they use (Uranium is actually dull grey, not bright green). I'm still brainstorming, any input is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X