Graphics Help Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Help Requested

Recently, I changed gold into a luxury resource, and its working out quite well. Seeing as there were no crashes, I proceeded to selectively edit the Civilopedia articles, but there is only one problem. The color background for gold does not match the color background for the other luxuries! Could anybody make a pair of replacement icons for the Civilopedia? It would simply be replacing the blue background with a orange one (that looks like the other luxury resources). Thanks in advance.
    *grumbles about work*

I wished Gold was something more than just money too..
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

Attached Files
      be free

Comment

Hmm.... it doesn't seem to work. All the Civilopedia shows up is a distorted white square where the small icon was, and a big black square where the large icon was..... Still, the one you posted looks nice.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

OH! Crap! I forgot to do something, hold on!
          be free

Comment

here we go

sorry bout that
            Attached Files
            be free

Comment

I'm still having trouble with the small icon. The big picture is working fine. Too bad I can't use attachments right now.
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

hmm strange.. if u can, u could just resize the large image down to 32x32
                be free

Comment

What did you do to the file in order to get the black stuff to go away, exactly? Is there a special PCX format or palette that has to be used for it to work properly?

Comment

black stuff?

if it's what I think u r talking about, u gotta make sure its indexed colour and that the first two colours in the colour table are the transparent pink and green

there's a thread somewhere on this site that has it

actually this reminds me, I gotta make a tutorial for this
                    be free

Comment

Problem fixed. This works perfectly now.... Now the changes I made look as if they have been in the game since day one. Thanks Snoopy.
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                      X