Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great leaders

I got a great leader Stalin.
    I just started building Magellans Voyage. I brought Stalin to that city and ordered him to hurry production, but it said cant hurry that one.. why not?

Also, Is it there a limit so that you can only have 1 great leader at any given time??

one question about armies too: Can i upgrade the units inside army, or unload units from an army?

thx

[edit]

wierd thing just happened..i noticed that theres a sunny yellow icon in front of the blinking "end turn" text. First i thought it had something to do with pollution, but i had zero pollution in the world stats screen.
    Anyone know what this yellow sunny icon represents?
    Last edited by Inerz; November 11, 2001, 16:47.

That sun is the global warming indicator, it takes into account all pollution in the world. As for your leader, thats weird. I have used a leader to rush build a wonder once and didn't have any problems.

Comment

first, thx

second, i just noticed one of my cities had 32 production and 1 pollution warning. I tried reducing production to 1 but it didnt help, pollution sign was still there

that global warming sign. as soon as it comes on the globe starts warming up all over the place? or are there different levels there?

leaders. Well by now i've tried rushing several small wonders and 2 big ones, still cant do it. You said u used leader to rushbuild once, so did I. Maybe theres only one leader-rush-build per game??

Comment

you're doing something wrong because I've rush built lot's of wonders with leaders. You sure you're hitting the right button? Maybe you've converted your leader to an army...

And I think there is a limit of one leader at any given time. When I usually get leaders, I'm in the midst of invasion, and I'm packed with elite units. The turns that follow there are many victories but I never generated a leader while one was around...

Comment

You said you try to hurry the production , i hope you dont try to hurry from within the city screen

You need to move your leader into the city building the wonder, then order him to hurry, right next to the option for creatin army.

As for the leader thing, i am playing standard map currently modern age, and just wiped out the russians and the romans.

Just after i killed the romans, the germans started pesking me, moving
          their troops right to my newly conquered roman city's and taking them with their panzer while my troops are low on health. I have gotten 4 Leaders within 10 turns or so due to invasion.

But i may have found another gameplay bug. Is it a feature that the AI can build spacship improvements before anybody built the Apollo program ?

Cause i have to build the Apollo program before getting SS Componenets, and meanwhile the AI has half their ship already completed.

Comment

Cause i have to build the Apollo program before getting SS Componenets, and meanwhile the AI has half their ship already completed.
            afaics the AP is a minor wonder, thus every civ has to build it to start with the ss. Pherhaps other civs already build their AP while you still were busy building it.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Maybe...

Hmm, maybe you are right and i simply suck i may have missed it.

Comment

Working...
              X