GRAPHIC: Civ3 to Civ2 Citizen Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: Civ3 to Civ2 Citizen Conversion

Inspired by the Civ3 citizens gone Civ1 conversion, I decided I liked the "era-changing" citizens of Civ2 over the "stuck-in-time" citizens of Civ1.

Like many, I've had problems figuring out who's happy and who's mad in my Civ3 cities. The faces are just TOO DARN HARD to figure out at a quick glance, so I've converted everybody back to the Civ2 heads, which were very easy to figure out at a glance.

The upside is that now you can see everybody who is happy or mad VERY EASILY now.

The downsides (which I think aren't too bad):
    graphics obviously aren't as good
    nationality and race aren't depicted anymore

Still, it works just fine, and you can determine nationality by holding the mouse over the head, so not too much is lost... if you liked the Civ2 heads and the easiness which you could figure happy/sad, and you want your heads to change through the eras, try out this conversion!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; November 11, 2001, 22:11.
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Move to Files

Move to Files please
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

mmm... wonder if Firaxis will add all easy addings proposed on Apolyton... Some things made in mods are really easy to add and make things easier. Would be nice
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

test

Comment

Didn't want to have to

I really wanted to keep the original Civ3 heads, but unfortunately, they were just WAY TOO HARD to figure out at a glance... yeah, if I broke out my magnifying glass, I can tell, but I shouldn't have to!

The Civ2 heads were simple, and got the point across!

Wish Firaxis would just do the right thing, ditch the silly faces, and go with something that people can understand at a glance!

Comment

the happy faces are always on the right, the content always in the middle, and the unhappy are always to the left. There is a little space in between each group to help distinguish between
            them.

Comment

the happy faces are always on the right, the content always in the middle, and the unhappy are always to the left.
              Almost right, but the other way around. Left = Happy, Right = UnHappy
              Stop . Learn . Adjust . Strke

Comment

Working...
              X