Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Scenario editor really much of a scenario editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Scenario editor really much of a scenario editor?

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like the editor is really a SCENARIO editor. Now, I didn't spend countless hours or even a lot of time looking through all the exact specifics, but I could not find a way in which to PLACE units or cities or even add event triggers in the scenario editor. If there is a way, could someone let me know how/where. I checked the editor help file, but couldn't find anything relevent.

anyways, the editor seems more like a glorified map editor to me. Edit/change all the starting conditions that you might want. you can start a game anywhere, different conditions and all, but you can't ever have a REAL SCENARIO. Like WWII, Civil War or any of the other cool scenarios one might like.

so, if anyone knows what's happening or when we might expect a real editor, please reply.

-Zen
    FARSCAPE......................

Yeah, I've heard that too, btu I haven't gotten a chance to go deeply into editors.
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

nope, the editor cannot help you make scenarios.

Comment

You can make modifications, but not actually make scenarios. You could, for instance, make a modpack, but that's it. Firaxis claims to be working on a patch to improve the editor, but they are being vague about details.
        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

The scenario editor is just a more user-friendly alternative to modifying text files like was done in other civ versions.

While making unit alterations and the like is considerably easier, this comes at the cost of loosing more than 90% of the functionality changes that were once available.

In short the "Scenario Editor" is nothing but easier on the eyes while being a castrated version of it's ancestor. You know, kind of like the ga...no, it's too easy. I won't say it.
          Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

Working...
          X