City corruption problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City corruption problem

I realize this problem may have been reported in several other threads, but I wanted to put in my own experience. I'm running the Americans on chieftain level with 7 opposing civs (a total of 8 civs) on a 60% water/large continent world. It's about 1300 AD, and the Americans are under a republic, in the midst of the Middle Ages barrelling on toward the Industrial Age. They have about 25 - 30 cities, they're way out in front in culture and they're picking off a city every so often by cultural absorption from the Aztecs, their only real next-door neighbor.

The problem is that, even though the American government is a republic and courthouses are present in almost every city, corruption is still _very_ high. In fact, I'm losing over 250 gold per turn to corruption so that the treasury only increases by 60-70 bold per turn. The saved game file is attached below. I might as well be back at monarchy for all the good a republican form of government is doing me.

-Joe-

I have this same problem and even under Democracy, corruption is still evident. Someone else told me that in the game editior, there's a way to change the level of corruption, but I haven't found it yet. I did build Forbidden City at the opposite corner of my empire which did help considerably.

Comment

To change corruption in the editor, you need to edit the "World Sized". There's an entry there for the Optimal Number of Cities, or some such. Increase that to reduce corruption due to having too many cities. I don't know if it's possible to tone down corruption due to distance from your capitol, but there's talk that corruption may be toned down in the first patch.

-Jamie

Comment

Working...
      X