Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A suggestion for the editor before it gets released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion for the editor before it gets released.

I understand that Firaxis didn't release the editor the way they wanted it to be, and I'd just like to give a suggestion of my own that I would love.

In the terrain section of the editor, could you allow unlimited terrain and give the option to change each terrains specifics?

For example, release an empty file with maybe 50 of those pink diamonds (and allowing to make ur own set for more terrain in case 50 is not enough). And in editor have a drop down menu with a number in it, which corresponds to the diamond, going from left to right across, then to the next line, etc.

And allow for the editor to show the terrain that is within that diamond.

geez, I hope I am clear enough.. I really don't know how to explain myself, but I'm sure you know what I would like.

Oh and this would only comply to scenarios, so if u started a new game, only the original graphics would be used, but if u were to make a scenario, u could put in any terrains that u made aswell.

This way, ppl like myself, can make Afghanistan nothing but a dried up desert, and New Zealand swampy, etc

so it really looks like Earth and u are effected by its terrain in a more realistic way!

be free

Good idea.

Comment

Re: A suggestion for the editor before it gets released.

Originally posted by Sn00py
      I understand that Firaxis didn't release the editor the way they wanted it to be, and I'd just like to give a suggestion of my own that I would love.

In the terrain section of the editor, could you allow unlimited terrain and give the option to change each terrains specifics?

For example, release an empty file with maybe 50 of those pink diamonds (and allowing to make ur own set for more terrain in case 50 is not enough). And in editor have a drop down menu with a number in it, which corresponds to the diamond, going from left to right across, then to the next line, etc.

And allow for the editor to show the terrain that is within that diamond.

geez, I hope I am clear enough.. I really don't know how to explain myself, but I'm sure you know what I would like.
      hmmm, FIRAXIS: play CtP2. Download Martin the Dane's TileEdit file. Open a *.til file, see how Martin has scripted it so the game can load any number of terrains.

Thankyou
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
      X