Can you hurry up wonders??!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you hurry up wonders??!!!

I were building universal suffage and it was 9 turns away from completing. China was also building it and I cheked how many turns they had left. It said 30 turns. I press the next turn button and whatta heck... China has completed great wonder universal suffage!!!! Adrenaline flow into my brains. Now I havent got a leader yet so I dont know how do they work. But I think that China used a leader to hurry up the production of wonder. So the first question is can one actually use leaders to hurry up wonder production and how much shields is leader worth of???
    And if its really that you can with a leader to complete a wonder in few turns I think someone has to do something about it. So would anyone be so nice and create a patch which would make learders much more less shield producing ot ban their ability to hurry wonders totally. Second question would be that if that was not a leader then whatta heck was that???

Thank you...

As far as I know, a Leader is the only way to speed up Wonder production. He does it in one turn regardless of how many turns are left, so I guess that's how the Chinese finished it in one turn. I wish that there was another way to speed things up like in Civ II and AX, but for now, this is the only way.

Comment

Yeah thanks... But isnt it bad idea that you actually can complete a wonder in one turn with help of a leader... Is someone able to ban that option??? Or would civmakers realize that they actually made a big mistake and do something about it...

Comment

There are only two ways to speed up a wonder.

One way is to build a large city improvement that you can rush and pay to speed it up, then when you have done that, switch to the wonder you want to build; The shields you just bought for the other city improvement will go towards the wonder.

The other way is to get a leader; unless you're playing against many other aggressive civs, this just isn't going to happen.

The bad news is that you just have to wait. Often times the AI will get them before you. It isn't the end of the world. Just adjust your strategy.

Cheers,

Pacific_Wing
        Honk! If you hate noise pollution.

Comment

Working...
        X