How to Use the Build Queue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Use the Build Queue??

Folks, I'd really appreciate if one of you could help me with this. I'd like to use the Build Queue feature in the city screen -- I've gotten used to how efficient it was in CTP2.
    But in Civ3 I just can't seem to ever see that queue list -- above the lsit of possible improvements it always says "2. second slot empty." I've tried clicking on various things in there -- what do I need to do?
    Thanks in advance for the info.

The build queue sucks donkeys. I can't believe that more than two and a half years after the release of Call To Power (whose user interface was almost universally panned) , THIS was the best that Firaxis could do.

But to answer your question: hold down the Shift key to activate the BQ. If you click on an item, it will be appended to the queue. If you highlight an item in the queue (while holding sown the Shift key), the item that you select will replace the highlighted item. (Got it?)

And there might be ways to (1) INSERT an item to the head of the queue, pushing everything back one, or (2) MAKE CHANGES TO MULTIPLE CITIES simultaneously, but if so I haven't found them.
    "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Working...
    X