City Corruption. How do I lower it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Corruption. How do I lower it?

In my first Civ III game, my only major complaint is that a few of my cities on the fringes of my empire have very high corruption which isn't reduced by building a Courthouse or switching to a better form of goverment like Democracy. One in particular was captured early in the game and is now my largest shield producer at 18. Unfortunately, 17 are wasted not to mention the revenue and science corruption. I have a Courthouse built and Democracy as government, yet nothing is reducing the waste. Any help would be appreciated.

in the editor change world size>coruption to you liking, i made the following changes:
    tiny: +2
    small+ +2
    standard +4
    large +4
    huge +6

also, i checked off "reduce corruption" for the police station too.

as a democracy, this is sufficient, yet hard, but not too bad. change accordingly to your prefferences.

Comment

does this affect all civs in the game, or just the one you control?
      I hate Civ3!

Comment

Uh, Nemo, hate to be dense, but does this change corruption only for the specific scenario/map you are editing, or for the entire game?

Comment

Thanks, Nemo. I'll try your suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen W
            Uh, Nemo, hate to be dense, but does this change corruption only for the specific scenario/map you are editing, or for the entire game?
            Changing these settings will affect any new games started with the "Load Scenario" function on the menu. Alternatively, if you write over your Civ3Mod.bic file, changes will affect any games started via new game or quick start functions.

Changes to a scenario do not affect existing saved games.

Dan
            Dan Magaha
            Firaxis Games, Inc.
            --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Changing these settings will affect any new games started with the "Load Scenario" function on the menu. Alternatively, if you write over your Civ3Mod.bic file, changes will affect any games started via new game or quick start functions.

Changes to a scenario do not affect existing saved games.

Dan
              yeah, i renamed my civ3mod.bic to civ3mod.orig and saved my senerio as civ3mod.bic...so all my games play this way. but i would not modify the civ3mod.bic without backing it up, unless you want to reinstall the game, to restore the default settings.

Comment

Working...
              X