Text doesn't go into boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text doesn't go into boxes

I thought I saw something on this board about this issue, but I can't find it now. This is a major issue in the Foreign Negotiations screen, where I can't access all my options. It also shows up in some Civopedia entries.

What happens is that all the text for options get put below the box they are supposed to be drawn in. This means that in some cases I can only use the top one or two options. (I can't make counter-proposals in some cases because of this).

This is becoming a major source of frustration for me.

I've tried everything I could find -- all drivers are updated (in fact, I also tried going back a few versions since a friend said the newest Nvidia drivers can cause issues), proper version of Direct X, and even made sure it says "small fonts" for the desktop, ala a suggestion on another forum.

Does anyone have any more advice? Will this be fixed in the patch? The Civopedia problem I could live with, however this bug really hampers proper negotiations and thus, a proper game.

Thanks!
    Jennifer

(Win98FE)

Either
    A: Reduce your number of fonts in the windows/fonts/ folder to below 250 or something (didn't work for me)

Or

B: remove ALL the 'Lucinda' fonts from said folder (worked!!!)

Don't delete them in case u need them later. Just copy them to another folder, and THEN delete in the 'Fonts' folder.

I've also done all that stuff u did with the drivers etc, so I *know* how frustrating that is :P

HAPPY GAMING !

PS: u can also change the font SIZE in the .ini file in your CIV3 directory, for fun .
    I changed it (afterwards) from 16 to 12, but not really any reason to do so, or.... ?

Comment

Lucinda!

That's such a stupid thing to make a difference...but it does! Wow, thank you so much! There was only about 150 fonts there, but moving the Lucinda ones out changed it all.

Now I can see all my options.

Jennifer

Comment

I've been running into the same problem since I bought the game and I figured it was due to me running the game on a laptop (laptops get no respect from devlopers most of the time). I deleted those fonts and all the text is so much clearer and it actually fits in the text boxes now!! Outstanding. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

to electricfeather and chrisholliday:

Just for reference (and curiosity), did any of you previously install Star Office on your computers ? I know I had (and still have...)

Check out this thread:

Comment

StarOffice

I haven't installed it on this machine that I can recall, although I have played with it before (could have sworn that was the other machine though).

In any event, removing the Lucinda fonts is the only way to go.

Thanks!

Comment

i installed Staroffice and then the problem came, but removing the lucinda fonts worked well. now i just have to test Staroffice

klaus

Comment

Working...
              X