Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid causing Problems ?

Hi,

Like with most of the Sid Meier and Civ fans, buying Civ3 is a must for me. However, after reading reviews and studying some forum threads,
    I noticed that it is rather buggy. Not that this would prevent me from buying it, but there is one thing I fear:

I came across several postings/reviews which said that the game ran very slow on their computers, although they had
    decent specs. The reason for the problems seems to be the (graphic-) drivers in the most cases. Fortunately, these problems
    appear to be solvable by simply installing different drivers.

In some other reports I've encountered, people were once again complaining about an awfully slow speed. This time however,
    all of them had one thing in common: Two HDs connected on a RAID system (again the specs were more than good enough). Is the Raid system (which is supposed to enhance speed if you put it on "Raid 0") the reason for the slow speed ? Or were there other reasons (software and so on) which caused the problems on these specific computers ?

You might guess that I've Raid as well and I'm currently wondering if there is anyone out there who has a properly working Civ3 on a Raid-sytem. Hopefully, someone can disprove my theory...
    If my threatening theory is (partly) right on the other side and there are forum members who have a computer with Raid and a badly running Civ3, please reply to this thread anyway, thus confirming the thing as a bug worth being removed.

Thanks for your help,
    Dwarf Lord

..anyone ?

Comment

I'm running on a system with a 4 drive RAID 0. No problems with speed at all.

Now, if I can just get corruption under control.

Comment

I'm running on a RAID-0 system also, and have not noticed any slow speeds besides the known XP/nVidia scrolling problem.

Comment

Thank you! That's some good news. Can't wait till I'will evetually get the game next week...

Dwarf Lord

Comment

Working...
          X