MAP: Europe 100x100map v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Europe 100x100map v1.0

This is the 1st Europe map for Civ3 I came up with. It was converted and scaled from a 75x120 Civ3 map.
    The rivers are not quite perfect yet, but this is just version 1.0… it should be pretty playable. It could be edited a little to perfect the rivers, and make sure coastlines are perfect since it was converted… but it should be a good starting point. ALSO: resources need to be added… this was just a straight conversion from Civ2 coding elevation, tile types, and rivers.

I will be posting a free downloadable MapUtility in probably probably later this month (Nov 2001) or so when I'm sure its fully bug free for people to create their own maps at http://home.earthlink.net/~amflinch/progpage.html

The program doesn't time expire or anything...

Does anyone have any requests for Civ3maps? I can convert any Civ2, RailroadTycoon II, CalltoPower 1 or 2, Alpha Centauri, or color or black and white .pcx or .bmp file.
    Attached Files

Yeah there's a roman scenario that came orginially with civ2, It was a great map to play with med cultures..If you could convert that itd be great

Comment

Do you know where I can find any half-decent Civ 3 world maps? I've got a civ2 one here that was pretty good but i cannot upload it.

Comment

upcoming maps...

I'll convert a map of the British Isles with some of France & Scandanavia in it... I think there was a Civ2 map of that kind...

I will try and put resources into this map... (and put in CivStarts, for what its worth since you can't specify WHICH Civ starts there)

I will also convert some WorldMaps from Civ2...

I am still modifying some of my code for Civ3, so I can make other than 100x100 maps... The MapUtility itself is operational for all the other formats, I just need to program some more codes into it so I can make any size map.

Comment

Could you convert the Huge Map of Chiron from Alpha Centauri to Civ3? I somehow liked that map...
          Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Alpha Centauri

It would take me less than a minute to convert the huge Alpha Centauri map into Civ3 map... (I have to manually add Civ3 resources, but I will later add some code so I don't have to do this)

Allyn

Comment

Well, I'll be pleased with the Chiron map even if it includes just the forms of those continents... thank you for the maps you already posted.
              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Three Maps from Civ II I really enjoyed were 1) The Northern Hemisphere; 2) Europe and Asia; 3) Europe and North America. If you could convert them that would be great.

Comment

world map

You asked for map requests. How about a size huge world map? That would be a very good idea. A lot of other people and I would aprecciate it a lot.
                  "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Whenever I go to download the map, I get a non functioning file called "attachment." Anybody have any clue whats going on?

Comment

whosurdaddy

try renaming the attachment file to europe.zip and see if that works

Comment

That worked, thanx

Comment

cool
                          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                          X