Civ III Version Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III Version Number

Some of these bugs people are posting are really disturbing me, mostly because I can only replicate a few of them. The only ones I can actually reproduce are:

Air-Superiority never seems to work.
    The barbarian worker thing.
    The missing space character in the upgrade option.
    The 999999999 gold thing.

The reason I've brought this up is that it has ocurred to me that their may be several versions of Civ III selling right now. If people would post their version numbers, perhaps we can find out if this is true or not.

You can find the version number by going into the /text directory in you Civilization III folder, then opening the file named "version."

--> Norm

For the record, my version number is: 1.07f

--> Norm

Comment

Mine's v1.07f too. Probably all NA is.

Comment

1.07f

Comment

Same here, 1.07f

Comment

Hey, I have version number 1.07g, and my game works fine I havent been able to reproduce any of the bugs that have been posted.

Suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by HugoHillbilly
              Hey, I have version number 1.07g, and my game works fine I havent been able to reproduce any of the bugs that have been posted.
              Are you serious, or were you just trying to break the monotony?

If you are serious, then I am wondering something. Why would there be a Canadian version? Does anyone else from Canada have this same version number?

Also, what do f and g stand for? Final and gold? Maybe some of us have got the wrong one...

Comment

usually products are labeled 1.01a, 1.01b and so on... so 1.07g just means it's the version after 1.07f (supposing there is one)

I have 1.07f btw

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
                  usually products are labeled 1.01a, 1.01b and so on... so 1.07g just means it's the version after 1.07f (supposing there is one)
                  That's exactly my point: 1.07g is a later version, and he claims that he has not experience any of the bugs. Coincidence?

--> Norm

Comment

I have version 2.03a, and I haven't had ANY of the problems you guys have been talking about around these forums. Air Superiority works great! Corruption really isn't a problem either. And I haven't had a single crash!

[pfft! made you look! ]

Comment

Sounds strange to me.
                      Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

Originally posted by HugoHillbilly
                        Hey, I have version number 1.07g, and my game works fine I havent been able to reproduce any of the bugs that have been posted. Suckers!
                        Oh yeah, I've heard about that 1.07g version. It has MP and flying barbarians. Sounds great.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X