Big Bug In Civ Iii ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bug In Civ Iii ?

Hello, this is my first post for Apolyton, but I still am a CIV, fan, so much so I managed to get a copy of CIVIII from the USA .

Anyway I got my copy of CIVIII, I started a new random map with 16 civs, and I started playing. Throughout the course of the game, I had little skirmishes but I felt that I really had to do a big campaign, to increase my power.
    I built up and sent some Calvary units to a border of the Germans who happened to be a civ nearby. Who were my "target".

As I wanted to preserve my reputation I tried to piss the Germans off by talking to them... and DEMANDING $100000000 a turn to provoke them into a war...

Their treasure was 110 I think... guess what....

THEY CAVED IN TO MY DEMANDS GIVING ME MORE MONEY A TURN THAN THE WORLD WAS WORTH IN 1738...

Has anyone else had something like this happened to them?
    ------------------------------------------deity is just righ.

There have already been a few threads about this. It seems to only happen in certain situations. The easiest solution is to just not demand that much money.

Comment

its hard though.. this should have been tested..
      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
        its hard though.. this should have been tested..
        while I agree its a bug, and should have been tested out, are you saying it's hard to not exploit this bug? Come on. Really, in fact, I would think in single player, this is so easy to avoid that it would be a low priority to fix if it weren't such a simple and obvious bug. Do you really have that much trouble resisting the urge to cheat? or did I just misunderstand your statement?
        kmj

Comment

You know, I can just picture people at Firaxis throwing their hands up in the air going "Why do these people DO these things? Of course we don't discover these oversights, we're too NORMAL! Who demands a million gold a turn? Who finds these unlimited range bombing bugs. Why is everyone conspiring against us?!"

Ok, I'm done.

Comment

Working...
          X