Global warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming

I am having quite a time with global warming. I am keeping my polution cleaned up and it is still converting squares because of global warming. Also the sun icon doesnt seem to be working it stays the same intensity through out the whole time.

Re: Global warming

Originally posted by Brutal
    I am having quite a time with global warming. I am keeping my polution cleaned up and it is still converting squares because of global warming. Also the sun icon doesnt seem to be working it stays the same intensity through out the whole time.
    I agree. Global warming starts WAY too early and the sun icon is generally worthless.

The environmental damage caused by pollution should be offset somewhat by forests and swamps. This will slow it down in the early industrial era when many forests and swamps are still standing. In addition, it will give incentive for players to plant forests to help reduce global warming and to keep other civs from cutting down forests (just like the real world!)

Secondly, you should not be even able to see the sun icon until you have gained the ecology advance. This goes along with the whole notion in Civ3 that you can't see resources until you have the knowledge to know that they are important.

And, of course, the sun icon needs to be meaningful so that you actually have a clue about the level of global warming. When I first noticed the icon in the early industrial age, it was already bright yellow and has remained the same.
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Working...
    X