Riflemen bug & others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riflemen bug & others

1. I can build riflemen without having access to saltpeter. Couldn't build musketeers or cavalry, though. It saved my rear end, but it has to be a bug.

2. Corruption needs to be balanced properly for the smaller maps. Also, it would be sensible if the Police Station could help reduce corruption as well (giving it this ability in the editor has no effect).

3. It would be nice to get a warning if a city is about to grow in size and this would have in go into disorder.

4. I like the effect of global warming, but its effects start much too early. As it is, I race to the Ecology advance just to get Mass Transit and save some micromanagement.

5. On small maps, there's very little freshwater. On a Tiny map (pangea 80%) that I'm currently playing, there's a grand total of 4 rivers and zero lakes. Does it make sense to irrigate your entire empire from one river?
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Read the description of Rifleman in the Civilopedia. It clearly states that Saltpeter is not necessary for this unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Hand
      Read the description of Rifleman in the Civilopedia. It clearly states that Saltpeter is not necessary for this unit.
      Read the manual? What kind of gamer are you?

Thanks for the info, but why would this be so?
      "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Originally posted by Ray K
        Thanks for the info, but why would this be so?
        Well the "official" explanation in the Civilopedia is that by the time you can build riflemen, the need for Saltpeter is "obsolete." (something like that).

In terms of gameplay balance, I think it just keeps one Civilization from dominating the rest of the game militarily. It would suck if all of the units in the second half of the game required saltpeter and only a handful of civs had it.

Comment

Working...
        X