Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be an "Apolyton Pack" of CIV III mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think there will be an "Apolyton Pack" of CIV III mods?

Do you think there will be a number of mods CIV III players shouldn't go without, and should be packaged together as a large set of mod files?

What existing mods are great?

What mods do you expect, or hope for?

I'll take the non-response to mean that people need to wait to see what will be in the first patch, and/or the rest of the game suits them perfectly (and many of us don't have it yet).

I thought I might at least hear from people who can't do without terrain graphics changes, Wonder pics with info mod, and/or corruption fixes, etc.

Comment

It really all depends on what mods end up being made. For instance right now the biggest mods are graphics changes and some that add a few governments. I can count the mods worth installing so far on a clumsy blind carpenters hand/nub.

The biggest ("big" meaning the one with the most changes) mod I know of so far is mine, which at last count has more than 50 tweaks and changes to the game itself. It will most likely have more than 70 easily before I end up thinking nothing else really needs tweaking, changing, or adding. (I haven't put out what I consider a "public release worthy" version as there are still too many things I'm still playing with, though it's only been about a week of work, so no announcements yet. It's called the LWC mod (Long Winded Changes )

The only thing that comes close in amount of alterations is one that changes some civs and special units, adds governments, changes some techs, and a couple of other tweaks.

So I think there will be less than 3-4 mods worth installing for the general public for at least a few months. 2-3 months and I think there will be tools that do a kind of rule-mapping so you can apply whatever rules you want to pre-created maps, unit/improvement/wonder/technology additions should be possible without straight hacking, and the editor should ACTUALLY be capable of creating Scenarios and the game ACTUALLY capable of PLAYING them.

So by 2-3 months there will probably be a compilation of graphics, scenarios, and maps available. Only time will tell if "big" mods which tweak 50+ various aspects of the "bare" game rules will be needed to deal with problems in the game.
      Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

Working...
      X