Couple ideas for Mod dudes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple ideas for Mod dudes

Cutting off irigation. This one probably will be undoable but would make sense.
    When a irigation chain is severed all the tiles down the chain do not function (I think being destroyed would be to harsh). How long could you really get water from a waterway that was severed hundreds of years ago. For that matter I think there should be a max range you can irigate from a lake/river. Ive had chains 10 long which seems silly..

Lower corruption based on map size. I think a huge map is really like increasing your micromanagement of everything not really making the planet bigger. How can you take over a huge planet with current corruption. I havent played a game that far on huge yet but seems impossible.

Thanks for looking
    Ghengis Thom

Re: Couple ideas for Mod dudes

Originally posted by Ghengis Thom
    Cutting off irigation. This one probably will be undoable but would make sense.
    When a irigation chain is severed all the tiles down the chain do not function (I think being destroyed would be to harsh). How long could you really get water from a waterway that was severed hundreds of years ago. For that matter I think there should be a max range you can irigate from a lake/river. Ive had chains 10 long which seems silly..
    Then your cities are too far apart. Also, there's an acronym that I think Firaxis was trying to implement with this-K.I.S.S (Keep it simple, silly). Granted, they *could* have done everything you've suggested, but that would be yet *one more thing* that you'd have to worry about. It's the same thing with resources hardly ever running out (but it sure is annoying when it happens twice in the same game-to the same kind of resource!!!)

Lower corruption based on map size. I think a huge map is really like increasing your micromanagement of everything not really making the planet bigger. How can you take over a huge planet with current corruption. I havent played a game that far on huge yet but seems impossible.

Thanks for looking
    Ghengis Thom
    Agreed.

Marc

Comment

the corruption thing is a very good point. I had never thought of it that way before you brought it up. The point of including corruption is to put a limit on expansion, but on a huge map, that unnecessarily impedes necessary growth. It would seem pretty easy to me to set it up on a fraction system. In other words: amount of corruption=#squares away from capital/# squares in circumfrence of map

Another idea: have their be a time-delay lapse depending on distance from the city. This, I think would be a better way of controlling expansion. The idea here is that especially in olden times, control over your empire was limited by communications. The King of Spain could not very well instruct Christopher Columbus directly where to sail around once he got to the Carribean. There was a time lapse there. The way that they have it set up now, an ancient empire spanning 3 continents is in instant communication within, which is not realistic. So, depending on how far away a unit or a city was and depending on what time in history it was, there would be various limitations on communications. Terrain would also impede communications. As the difficulty level increased, communications would be more severely hampered. As a civilization acquired new technology that would improve communication, the time delay would be shortened.
      "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Not sure Id say anything was instant when turns are measured in years. Then again youd think a tank could get across a continent in under a year too...

Ghengis Thom

Comment

Working...
        X