Different Save game problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Save game problem

I can load the game fine. I just can't end the turn. If I do end the turn it crashes the game to the desktop. The turns kept getting longer and longer, so maybe there has been a growing problem and my system couldn't handle it. I haven't quite figued out what is oing on yet. I haven't made any drastic changes to the game. I am in the year 790AD. This is my first game...I know pathetic. I have an excuse, though, ever since the day Civ 3 was released my office was put on 12 hour shifts with no days off...a conspiracy I tell you.

My specs are-

PIII-850
    1,280MB PC-100 Ram
    ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32MB)
    Sound Blaster live
    Win 2000 (SP2)

I will attach a copy of the save file causing the problem. I have restarted the game and tried a warm reboot, but to no avail. I hadn't had any problems up until now. Windows say it is generating a log file, but there is nothing in the event veiwer about Civ, and civs log file is empty, as well. Any one have this problem?

EDIT: I tried to include the file, but it exceeds the max size...and yes it is zipped to maximum.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Happened again. I restarted and this time it isn't when I end the turn. This time whenever I build LA, my settler kneels down and 'boom' end of the game. I'll try to build LA with another settler somewhere else. Anyone have any ideas?
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

Okay, well this is what I have tried so far. If I move a tile over, I can build a city there the next turn. If I simply wait a turn, I cannot build on the original tile. I know a minor inconvience...this time. Last time, however, the computer must have built a city in a similar location. That prevented me from playing any further.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

Now I have even gone as far as to build LA somewhere else and try a different city there. Guess I'll have to start over...again.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

damn dude, 1280 MB ram! you should have no "slowdown" problems associated with the game. weird.
          I hate Civ3!

Comment

Here is a picture of where I am trying to build.
            Attached Files
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Sure enough. Now I cannot continue, because the computer is doing it on its turn. Damn it and it was getting fun too. Finally, broke up the monotony when the Greeks decided that they should settle on my island. We went to war and all they did was bring more settlers. Its just that the French and Eqyptions are my allies and the Russians and English are their allies. So it is almost a world world. Got even better when the French convicned the Iroqouis and the Iroqouis convinced the Germans to go to war with them. Then the Greeks convinced the Romans. It was quite interesting. I think I'll wait and see what happens with the patch. I need to spend some time with the family anyway. Enjoy!
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

Working...
              X