Civ 3...the slowest game on earth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3...the slowest game on earth!

Hi, long time lurker here, first time poster.

It's funny that Max Payne, with all details turned to MAX on 1024x768 resolution runs smooth as silk....but Civ 3 crawls like I have a 286. My system specs:

Pentium III 1.0GHz
    Soyo SY-7VDA mainboard
    512MB DDR SDRAM (Yes, DDR with P3...VIA ApolloPro 266 chipset!)
    SB Live MP3+
    Two Western Digital 18GB hard drives in RAID 0 striped array with Promise FastTrak100 RAID card
    Windows XP Professional
    Hercules 3D Prophet3 GeForce 3
    Nvidia 21.83 Drivers, and all other devices have most recent drivers.

Game was so unplayable that I went out and got Stronghold. Those of you who can't play Civ3 might want to check it out, it's really fun multiplayer!

I know there is a thread going on about this, and I know it's a known problem..but I just wanted to make my voice heard for those from Firaxis who are monitoring this forum.

Best of luck, Firaxis, on a game that, from what I've read (unfortunately not been able to play) seems to be awesome. Can't wait to play it after the patch is out.

RedViscount

Just roll back your frickin' drivers.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You might have noticed a thread entitled "Solution: XP Problem" at the top of this forum. Try looking in it.
      Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Working...
      X