Difficulty building Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty building Wonders

So far, I've had no system or setup problems running Civ 3 on my own machine (Duron 800, 512 MB RAM, 32 MB nVidia TNT2 Riva M64, 12X DVD/40X CD-ROM, onboard sound with AC'97 codec, ECS K7VZA motherboard). Gameplay is going just fine so far, except for one nagging problem;

It's like pulling teeth to get my cities to build Wonders.

What I do is this; I have the improvements queue set up, and I put a Wonder (e.g., the Colossus) in whichever place I think is most appropriate. I wait until the turn before construction is scheduled to start, go back and check the queue, and everything is copasetic. Then on the NEXT turn...

whaaaaaaa....? No wonder! The city is building the NEXT item (whether it be unit, improvement or just plain wealth) in the queue list!

I go back into the queue and put the Wonder in the #2 slot (there's no way to make it the #1 item as far as I can see). Then I wait and see what happens. The same thing happens _again_.

Eventually, I don't know exactly what happens, but eventually that city starts building the Wonder. However, I don't think I should have to go through so many hoops to have to do this - unless I'm doing something wrong. (One possibility is that , as insurance, and following an old tactic from Civ 2, I often put a Wonder in the build queue for several cities so that whichever city is fastest at production can get started on the Wonder first. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?)

-Joe-

>>there's no way to make it the #1 item as far as I can see).

just click on the wonder...it will reset the number one slot on the queue

>>One possibility is that , as insurance, and following an old
    >>tactic from Civ 2, I often put a Wonder in the build queue for
    >>several cities so that whichever city is fastest at production
    >>can get started on the Wonder first. I wonder if that has
    >>anything to do with it?

In civ 3, you cannot work on the same wonder in more than one city at a time, so if another city has already started it, you have to switch that city to something else before you can begin working on that wonder in the other city

hope that helps
    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Working...
    X