MOD: Pre-Patch mod version 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with zoc?

Youve taken away all ancient units Zoc cause Knights dont get it? You must like Knights. Its makes sense that lighter armored mounts can do hit and run raids easier where heavily armored Knights just charge in and kill or be killed.

Ghengis Thom

Comment

Re: Re: Pre-Patch mod version 1.6

Technically, the F-117 is a bomber, not a fighter. The F-22 is a stealth fighter that has air-to-air capabilities.

Originally posted by Jaundice

Good upgrades.

Although, not to be too technical, but the Stealth fighter having no intercept ability is no big deal. Since F117's have no air-to-air capibility in real life...and then it would be almost pointless to even build Jet Fighters.

-JD
      "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Re: Whats wrong with zoc?

Originally posted by Ghengis Thom
        Youve taken away all ancient units Zoc cause Knights dont get it? You must like Knights. Its makes sense that lighter armored mounts can do hit and run raids easier where heavily armored Knights just charge in and kill or be killed.

Ghengis Thom
        It does make sense, and I agree with you. The reason I don't like it, however, is that Kights make the Horsemen obsolete. So you can't build the Horsemen anymore when the non-ZoC Knights come along, and upgrading your ZoCing H-men to Knights causes you to lose the ZoC.

Maybe I should make a horseman-like unit that can continue to be built during the time of Chivalry? It would be just like the horseman, and both units would get ZoC.

Comment

ZOC

I also took out the ZOC four mounted units. The way I saw it they had the advantage of 2 moves and to retreat in batle. But I did give ZOC to Archer units. With the idea that they can fire arrows (but not enugh for bombard) since they were basically infantry units. This also creates a little more diversity infantry, archer, cavalry, and artillery/siege. I also figured that with the advent of gunpowder weapons that archer and infantry combined so later infantry units get ZOC for def purposes.

Comment

This is a great mod Annui, I'm loving it. Good work!
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looking back at my last post; maybe not; F- is generally for fighters.
              "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ok, two things:

Other than the change with the police stations, do you deal with corruption at all? increase the effects of Democracy, or courthouses, etc?

And you mentioned you reduced wealth ratio to 4:1 as opposed to 8:1. However, getting the civ advance Economics does the same thing. Are you going to make Economics reduce the ratio even further, or just keep it 4:1 all the time?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pufo
                  Ok, two things:

Other than the change with the police stations, do you deal with corruption at all? increase the effects of Democracy, or courthouses, etc?

And you mentioned you reduced wealth ratio to 4:1 as opposed to 8:1. However, getting the civ advance Economics does the same thing. Are you going to make Economics reduce the ratio even further, or just keep it 4:1 all the time?

Thank you for your time.
                  The default rates are 8:1 without Economics; 4:1 with it.
                  With my mod it is 4:1 without Economics; 2:1 with.

Comment

I think you might have to power up the bombard genre of units just a bit more. They still seem a little too weak IMHO.

Comment

Also, the ironclads seem to do strangely well against modern Naval units. Perhaps a boosting of stats is in order?

Comment

I think some of the wonders may be too weak Anuni, I have recently created a thread addressing this very issue.
                        Feel free to take a look when you get the chance.

Comment

nice work!

one additional thing, it's about the longbow and musketmen. I don't have the game myself yet, but I read that the longbow has 4-1-1 stats and the musketmen 2-4-1. Seems a bit silly, this would mean Spain would have driven the Moors out of their land with Longbows, and they would have invaded the New World with those same longbow men. Not to mention great battles between Spanish longbowmen and dutch longbowmen in the 80 years war. ahem

When I get my game I'll either downgrade the longbow to 3-1-1, and/or upgrade the musketmen to 3-4-1 or 4-4-1 (changing some other unit stats too to compensate).
                          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                          X