invalid page fault in sound.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid page fault in sound.dll

Every time I try to exit civ3, I get an error stating, "Civilization3 has caused and invalid page fault in sound.dll"

Otherwise everything else is ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    CD21

Reinstall DirectX and your sound drivers.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I tried reinstalling directx and my sound drivers (which haven't been updated in years (soundblaster)) but the error message refers to files that are part of the civ3 install: "civilization3.exe caused an invalid page fault in sound.dll."

Both civilization3.exe and sound.dll are part of civ3.

Any ideas?

Comment

Same problem here

Hi All,
        I also get the invalid page fault in sound.dll....but when I installed my game I got the following message:
        CRC error: The file.....Calvary/calvary/victory.wav doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted. Contact your software vendor...
        this also happens for the file named mounted warrior/mounted warrior/attackswoosh.wav

It gave me the option to abort, retry or cancel...I hit retry on both occasions and it continued...could this be why I am bombing out???
        THE CELLAR TROLL CIV GAMES PLAYER

Comment

Working...
        X