Smac + Civ 3 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smac + Civ 3 mod

is it possible to make such mod with civ 3 editor???

on a SMAC mod

It depends on what you want to do. I havent played SMAC in quite a while, so...

Social engineering in SMAC was really cool and I wished they had put it in Civ3, but no.

Im not completely sure if something similar could be implemented at all, but I know it could not be done with the editor, Ive messed around in it for a while. Governments are governments and economies are economies and Civ3 only has governments .

Ah well, otherwise the game is good and the editor is better than in the past. A few patches, some mods and everything will be OK.

Anyway, sorry for that, what was it you wanted to do. Add units form SMAC, add the Factions(Civs) from SMAC, add terrain(the look anyway) from SMAC? Im fairly certain all of those things could be done, but only the civs with the editor and not even that in the editors current condition. The only things I dont know about for sure are social engineering and the Planet stuff, mind worms and everthing - I suppose those are a bit like barbarians .

Interesting to think about. But I dont know how do do any of it. Maybe one of our trusty mod makers will catch the bug and work on it.
    “If it had not been for the discontent of a few who had not been satisfied with their condition we would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.”
    --Eugene Debs

Comment

ummm i am just wondering how big the mod could be

Comment

it can be done, I'd say that if all gfx were being changed to, it could be about 20 to 30 megs big
        be free

Comment

will you be able to design your own units ?? guess not
          that's what i liked most about smac, well that and social engineering.
          what units would you include then from SMAC ?

maybe there's way to do this by modding the units....
          is there something like "active defense", like in CtP with the carrier?
          If units are in a transport can they still defend if they are attacked ? or is it just the transport against the attacker ?
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

i wonder if the graphics will match with civ3??

Comment

Element from SMAC I'd love to see in Civ3

There is one Mod Patch I'd love to see for Civ3 and that is the ability for a Civ that has either a Military Alliance or MD Pact to be able to store units in his Allies cities! The question is: Can it be done?
              I await an answer.

Thankyou
              The_Aussie_Lurker

Comment

Working...
              X