MiniMap in Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniMap in Editor

Is there a way to show a minimap in the Editor?

I was trying to make a map that consisted of a number of equal-sized continents that were each 'self-sufficient' in that they have the same number and types of resources...I was finding the lack of a minimap a big problem in trying to keep the continents similar sizes...and the lack of a copy/paste option doesn't help either...

Yup. It'd be vital for those of us who would like to try our hands on real-life locations...
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

One of the techniques some of us here used while messing around with the editor was to create a grid of coast or sea tiles on an ocean background. You can then work grid-square by grid-square on an atlas map, for example. Just be careful when "erasing" the gridlines, and save often

Until the minimap is available in the editor, you might have some success at this technique.

I've attached a bic with a grid on it, it may help some of you out.
      Attached Files
      Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

You know, that brings up an idea I'd like to suggest for the editor. I would like to be able to import a map in some common bitmap format, tell the Civ3 map editor how many squares I want in one of the dimensions (my choice, height or width), and then have the editor draw the grid lines over the imported map. Then I could place Civ3 terrain tiles in the squares which would cover up the imported map. This would be the easiest way for folks to generate the maps they want, accurately.

Comment

Working...
        X