Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution above 1280?

Hi there,

I am having problem with setting the resolution... my desktop resolution is 1280x1024... i've added the Keepres=1 to the ini, yes, the map is smaller, but i find it still too large.. so i tried to force the res to 1600 (with Video mode=1600)...but the size is still the same as in 1280....the keepres (0 or 1) settings has no effect in this case...
    I've even changed the desktop res to 1600, and tried the above tweaks...but the screen size still the same as in 1280...

then, i've set the overridding refresh rate with dxdiag to 75Hz which i am sure my monitor supports, and try the tweaks above again...but still...(FYI, my mon is samsung 900NF, using win2000)

can anyone tell me how can i set the res in civ3 to 1600? i would be grateful if anyone that got 1600 working telling me the tweaks they have done...i find the screen size still too large in 1280... i am a bit surprised of firaxis's inability of making this standard feature more accessible and user friendly...

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dlo_olb; November 4, 2001, 22:25.

to my understanding the "Video Mode=1600" (or what ever resolution) is broken. the only way to make it 1600 is to make you desktop resolution that setting manually, then make sure that you have "KeepRes=1" then start the game. there is no way to make the game be a different resolution other than 1024 or whatever your desktop is.

Comment

Working...
    X