A.I galleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I galleys

I keep seeing A.I galley's going way out to sea and mine can't why is this.

Cause its cheating. Or cause it has the great lighthouse.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The AI doesn't cheat. In fact getting the Lighthouse, and being able to travel out there yourself is a near sure-fire way to discover at least one uninhabited island/continent before the AI can ever get out there.

And remember you can go out to sea just fine, you just have a chance of sinking. The way the AI builds units, it might not CARE. But in general it's galleys do hug the coast.

Comment

Really? Are u sure? I've seen the AI do some wierd things. Make bee lines for certain undefended cities, charge straight at undefended workers in the middle of nowhere he CAN'T see.

Are you sure?
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I at first thought it was the lighthouse effect but then i noticed other empire's galley's doing the same.

Comment

I've seen this too - computer galleys crossing oceans with no trouble - even when it was my civ that had the lighthouse wonder. I believe it is a bug because the original Civilization had the exact same bug.

Comment

I've been watching my Roman allies sail their galleys down my coast for the last couple of hours. They ignore the effects of ocean/sea sinking.

(but don't they look cute next to my frigates )
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I have had my galleys sink, but sometimes I can get away with staying out in the sea/oceans with them for quite a while.

I hope that Firaxis will tone down AI cheating- right now, it is doing some pretty annoying things.

Comment

I've seen an AI galley sink in the ocean before...I don't think it's cheating, I think they just send lots of them out there and ignore the danger.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I'm pretty sure the AI has "super galleys" because they sink my vetran Ironclads all the time.

Comment

I have had similar problems. Playing on chieftain level I have had veteran frigates lose 9 out of 10 battles against regular or veteran caravels.

Comment

Working...
                      X