A couple of questions on things I have yet to figure out about CIV III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions on things I have yet to figure out about CIV III

Alright Ive been really enjoying the game(at first I didnt like it and I thought it was another C:CTP and CTP2 but now I totally love the game and think its awsome). Well anyways I keep hearing about this wartime mobilization stuff, I got no idea what it means, havent found anything on the manual on it, so Im wondering what it does and how to do it? Also I am trading several goods, however its been past 20 turns and so I since I can peacably cancel the trade routes, how the heck do I cancel them? Same with other agreements. I have yet to figure out how to cancel trade routes. Thanx in advance.

Also, throwing in one more question, how the heck do u establish embassies with other countries? I still havent gotten this one figured out, and I am in the middle ages. I also have writing.

Comment

I don't know myself about your first questions but I do know how to setup an embasy. Just click on the star beside your capital's name. That's if you have contacts with other civs. Same applies when you want to conduct espionage missions.
      Go BIG or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by wunder
        I don't know myself about your first questions but I do know how to setup an embasy. Just click on the star beside your capital's name. That's if you have contacts with other civs. Same applies when you want to conduct espionage missions.
        Thanx alot, that helps me out tremendously.

Comment

How do you start on a real world map? I know they are there but I still haven't found where they are.
          Go BIG or go home.

Comment

THank you for the star! I tried all last night to establish embassies with civs I met after I discovered writing and couldn't get anything to work. I will try that out now.

To change your unit mobilisation, got to the F1 advisor. There are two green rectangles near the top center. One is your mobilisation (says war or peace or something), and one is what you are researching now or something. What isn't obvious is that you can click on these (I can't remember right or left click) and you can change them there. I found this purely by accident when I spent so long trying to find how to establish embassies. Nothing in the manual about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles
              THank you for the star! I tried all last night to establish embassies with civs I met after I discovered writing and couldn't get anything to work. I will try that out now.

To change your unit mobilisation, got to the F1 advisor. There are two green rectangles near the top center. One is your mobilisation (says war or peace or something), and one is what you are researching now or something. What isn't obvious is that you can click on these (I can't remember right or left click) and you can change them there. I found this purely by accident when I spent so long trying to find how to establish embassies. Nothing in the manual about it.
              Thanx a lot chuckles. THe manual is a piece of crap and totally worthless. The interface is relatively good, although some stuff is still to hard to find, and there is to much stuff that remains hidden, the interface could be more clear, basically its to UNCLUTTERED, they could add a little more to the interface and make alot more things obvious. By the way did I mention the manual is a total piece of crap and totally worthless. Well it does make for good toilet paper when u run out.

Comment

actually, its in the manual...there is even a screen shot of it in the manual.

Comment

espionage

ummm.. about the espionage. is it only taking a look at cities? or am i missing something? i know i spend fortunes on embassies (playing 16 civ game on single large continent... hehe...) but every now and then i feel like 'buying' a city or two... how do i do that? the manual mentions soemthing about this, but i haven't been able to figure out squat help!

Comment

Re: espionage

Originally posted by civ-n00b
                    ummm.. about the espionage. is it only taking a look at cities? or am i missing something? i know i spend fortunes on embassies (playing 16 civ game on single large continent... hehe...) but every now and then i feel like 'buying' a city or two... how do i do that? the manual mentions soemthing about this, but i haven't been able to figure out squat help!
                    The only missions you can do prior to developing Espionage and building the Intelligence Agency, is Steal Tech and Investigate City.

Comment

Re: espionage

Originally posted by civ-n00b
                      but every now and then i feel like 'buying' a city or two... how do i do that?
                      when you put a spy in their capital you can "propaganda" a city. this is the same as buying a city...if it works.
                      the other way is to ask for a city during trading/diplomacy in return for gold (or just demand that they turn the city over )

Comment

all those ?'s are in the civilpedia... its got stuff the manual lacks

Thanks for reading,
                        Mike

Comment

all those ?'s are in the civilpedia... its got stuff the manual lacks
                          yep they are ALL in the manual...some people just do not

RTFM

i understand if you miss a thing or two then post a question here, we all do it, ...i mean thats one reason there is a help section on this board. BUT some people ask on this board everything they cant figure out by just playing the game, and are too lazy to look up in the manual. so, instead of reading, they just ask 50 million questions.

p.s. i am speaking in general, not aimed at anyone in particular.

Comment

Well I took the time to read the whole manual and I never found the part about having to click on the star by your capital name. And I'm not exactly a newbie either.

Now the other thing I couldn't figure out is that now I have espionage and the Intellegence gency, all the Espionage button gives me is the same two basic options as before. How do I get access to the advanced espionage missions?

(Unless that also is under the star. I haven't gone back home and tried it yet.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles
                              Well I took the time to read the whole manual and I never found the part about having to click on the star by your capital name. And I'm not exactly a newbie either.
                              Page 138

Now the other thing I couldn't figure out is that now I have espionage and the Intellegence gency, all the Espionage button gives me is the same two basic options as before. How do I get access to the advanced espionage missions?
                              click teh shield next to the city name with teh agency, and plant a spy. then you can click on the shield next to the enemy capitals with spys in them to conduct advanced spy misisons.
                              (from the civilipedia )

Comment

Working...
                              X