Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty diplomacy bug

Bug : Other civilizations accept to pay you a few million
    gold *each turn* when they feel really threatened by your power. None of them has the gold to pay you but you will still get the bonus at each turn

Look below what happened when I demanded Egypt to pay 1,000,000 gold a turn.

No problem, they paid !

Same issue with India : 3 million a turn for twenty years and Gandhi stayed cool

You can download my saved game here to see for yourself. Just contact Gandhi and demand 3 million a turn without offering anything.
    Attached Files

Gah. Maybe that's how the AI fields hundreds of units. They're allowed deficit spending. If it brings your treasury below 0, just ignore it. That would be... annoying.

Comment

It is annoying ! Now my game is spoiled with so much money

Did Firaxis released the game too early to lower its beta testing cost ? The question has to be considered
      Attached Files

Comment

Pretty useful I'd say...

But really, this should be fixed ASAP because it can ruin your game by getting the fun out of it.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Bumbing. Your right! THat certainly can ruin the game I kinda wish I didn't read this thread.

Comment

It sure looks pretty bad

But has anyone been able to reproduce this bug?

Just so it isn't a onetimer, (which I pray for it to be right now) but a real bug in the code.

Comment

Well maybe it's a bug....
              But the "No Problemo" isn't very realistic....
              Last edited by mmtt; November 4, 2001, 12:39.

Comment

It is possible the screenshots is doc up. It will only be a serious bug if other people can reproduce it with their copies and with their games.

-LMP

Comment

i don't think this bug exists, because when you demand that much money, the AI simply refuses to give.
                  ==========================
                  www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
                    i don't think this bug exists, because when you demand that much money, the AI simply refuses to give.
                    Why don't you try ? I put a link to a saved game in my first message on this thread. Load the game, go into the diplomacy screen, meet Gandghi and demand 3 million per turn.

I am sorry to report this bug but it is here.

BTW, someone else had had the problem and reported it to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic.
                    Click here to view the article on Google Groups.
                    Last edited by TLG; November 4, 2001, 16:35.

Comment

Re: It sure looks pretty bad

Originally posted by Jeje2
                      But has anyone been able to reproduce this bug?

Just so it isn't a onetimer, (which I pray for it to be right now) but a real bug in the code.
                      Yes, this worked for me. 99999999999 a turn from Bismark of the Germans. This was on warlord setting.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

Comment

yeah, it works, this is ridiculous. This game simply cannot be played with this bug in there.
                          ==========================
                          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
                            yeah, it works, this is ridiculous. This game simply cannot be played with this bug in there.
                            Er. What about this renders the game unplayable? Just don't ask for ridiculous amounts of money. I assume it's just that out of range numbers break the AI's decision making algorithms, but if you keep it reasonable, then there's no problem. I've gone through lots of negotiations without asking for a billion dollars and the AI has been a pretty tough negotiator. It should be fixed, but this is a minor bug, not a game breaker.

It's not like there's multiplayer and another human can use this bug against you........
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Where are the fireaxis guys now?

*BUMP*

Comment

Working...
                              X