Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch suggestions - Firaxis ppl, this one is for you :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch suggestions - Firaxis ppl, this one is for you :)

Hi,

I decided to be so bold and to start making list of things that can be classified either as bugs or as things to improve.

Here's mine:

BUGS:
    Domestic advisor - sorting unsorts after 2 secs; it should be possible to sort by production, name, population (no simple size indicator other then stupids faces :|), no pollution indicator; it should be possible to change production from this screen, and for more than one city at once (mass changing).
    Trade advisor - trade pacts should be listed in text form, along with details about agreement (how diplomatic agreement was constructed, when it ends)
    Military advisor - right click doesn't work when in city mode, mass upgrade possibilities REQUIRED (I just upgraded 80+ riflemen to infantry and I wanna kill someone )
    Foreign advisor - only eight civs visible, no way to see the rest of 'em; it could use some text listing of every pact made in the world; some basic stats of a civ would be very usefull

CHANGES:
    A lot of things got published on this forum, and I hope someone will post more on this thread, but these are things that annoy me:

- Corruption too severe
    - Governments basically don't play this game : Despotims->Republic->Democracy (to the end) rest is not usefull.
    - Pollution - too severe, I got a big civ (70+ cities) and I have 2-3 pollutioned squares a turn before even starting building factories
    - AI is a very rough trader, it's hard to get a good deal - IMHO too hard
    - AI doesn't respect borders, they walk throug, you make them leave, they walk again and it can happen for a LONG, LONG time (add some border acceptance treaty, or make AI respect it as a peace treaty)
    - Bombardment not too useful
    - There should be possibility to view units on world map - maybe some bigger version of world map with military targets (units and fortresses and air force concentrations)
    - more automation options for workers
    - in sicience you should be able to research more than one tech at the same time, but at slower speed (a la Space Empires III for example)

Diplomacy:
    - I would kill for a multi-side pacts, like: you invite two or three civs for talks, and then propose them all with millitary alliance against someone or for mutual protection pact
    - science pacts - common research (we both commit agreed X gold to research sth), or we share all our research together
    - organization building - you should be able to create an lasting alliance (organization) that other could join. Such organizations could have common army (you delegate some forces to X army), or common foreign relations (all members agree on foreign politics of organization)

Well, that's all I remember now.
    Hope you guys from Firaxis would use it.
    If you would like to ask questions or discuss some ideas, I'll be more than glad to help you.

Regards,

Xeovar
    Xeovar
    "No victor believes in chance."

man, thats wierd, I was JUST compiling a list on my computer that i could update, cos threads always tend to have too much conversation and stuff, so i could add to my file whenever i saw a new bug or gameplay tweak suggestion.
    so i was looking for the patch thread, i did a search, and here this one was, posted right this minute. cool.

Ill add any suggestions here to my compilation, also using the other patch thread that has been going for a while
    I just started, all i have so far is:

BUGS:

-Some weird bugs: I turned the grid on, but cannot turn it off. Impossible to get rid of the grid. Also, I don´t want to see units that are fortified in a

city. I turned them off in the options, but they don´t go away!
    - http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=3 , Comrade Tribune

-By the way, I've now had 3 fatal crashes. The first I figured was because I was running stuff in the background. But the last two give me this message:

"Unable to allocate draw buffer."
    SOLUTION -download new drivers for the Radeon DDR 32Mb, which was the card he was using.
    - http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1 , yin26

PROBLEMS:

-Cant set civ start points on maps and scenarios
    -various places

cool, and keep posting suggestions and bugs
    I have nothing interesting to say

Comment

I have a few bugs and stuff as well over here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=32069

The spaceship screen failing being one of them... Unless of course it only works before 2050 (I hope not! ).

AI Movement inbetween turns being a major pain in the *ss

Grouping of units for the purpose of movement!

Massupgrade of units!

And finally there should be a diplomatic choice of screaming:"YOU WIL RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!" when they keep on cramming units into your borders. I just got so tired that I started the first modern war in my current game. Nuclear warheads én masse!! But it's all fun
      Regards,
      Michael Heilemann

Comment

Re: Patch suggestions - Firaxis ppl, this one is for you

Originally posted by Xeovar
        - Corruption too severe
        maybe it was Firaxis' intention to prevent the player from builing huge empires early in the game... but then, as long as the AI is able to to that, there should be found a solution because it really becomes a problem then

Comment

Re: Re: Patch suggestions - Firaxis ppl, this one is for you

Originally posted by Ecthelion

maybe it was Firaxis' intention to prevent the player from builing huge empires early in the game... but then, as long as the AI is able to to that, there should be found a solution because it really becomes a problem then
          When I first began my expansionary wars, corruption in my outlying cities was over 90%. But after a while, it dropped, and I'm not sure why. Even my most recently captured cities, very far away from either my capitol or the Forbidden Palace have corruption of only about 60%. Maybe it's because of my civ's high culture? I'm still on Monarchy.
          Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRogers
            man, thats wierd, I was JUST compiling a list on my computer that i could update, cos threads always tend to have too much conversation and stuff, so i could add to my file whenever i saw a new bug or gameplay tweak suggestion.
            so i was looking for the patch thread, i did a search, and here this one was, posted right this minute. cool.

[CUT]

cool, and keep posting suggestions and bugs
            Cool

I really hope that posts in this thread will be taken into consideration by devs, during patch design.

--
            Xeovar
            Xeovar

Comment

Cross referencing yet another huge list of things that are patch worthy. Read over and implement at your discretion...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31527

Comment

And read here too:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...623#post581620
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                X