o 1 Horsemen unit
    o 1 City w/barracks and connected to iron and horse resources
    o Chivalry advance

Repro:
    1. Move Horsemen to city.
    2. a. Press "U"
    b. Press "SHIFT+U"

Expect:
    a. Dialog asking for money to upgrade Horsemen to Knights as detailed in Civilopedia entry "Units:Horsemen"
    b. Dialog asking for money to upgrade all Horsemen to Knights

Result:
    a. No action.
    b. Dialog stating "We have not a single Horseman that can be upgraded."

Send me a save game file and I will take a look at it.

koba@home.com

Comment

The unit has to be in a city with a harbor/barracks in it to upgrade.

Comment

My early guess would be you have a civ that has a Knight-based Special unit, like War Elephants, or Samurai. The upgrades don't 'connect' on the unique units.

Comment

Now it would be a shame if we were unable to upgrade units! I hope that is an easily fixable bug, or just an error by our side... anyway, once again I'm not pleased...

Comment

Originally posted by Grunthex
            My early guess would be you have a civ that has a Knight-based Special unit, like War Elephants, or Samurai. The upgrades don't 'connect' on the unique units.
            Yeah, that could be it. I put the ability to upgrade units to the respective UU equivalents. See my sig for the mod.

Comment

How does that work? You can only have one upgrades-to unit, so if you set horsemen to Samurai instead of Knight, either every civ is gonna get Samurai, or no one but the Japanese will be able to upgrade their Horsemen.

I think someone mentioned that the best way would be to allow a civ to produce the Non-UU version, so that while you'd still have to make your Samurai from scratch, you could atleast upgrade your horsemen to Knights.

Comment

Save File Attached

I am playing as the English, whose special unit is man-of-war. There are two Horseman units you can move to York or London, which have barracks and are supplied with horses and iron. I have upgraded Spearman units to Pikeman units there, but Horseman units fail altogether.

Thank you,

Dar Steckelberg
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the exact same problem, Im playing as the Americans, I got ALL my cities connected by roads, I have horses from Indians who are trading them to me, and I got several sources of Iron too, I got more then enuff money to upgrade my horseman, yet the game will not allow me to, I got the message not a single horseman can be upgraded or something like that. I do believe myself that this is a bug since my horseman were also obsoleted by knights.

Comment

I am able to upgrade horsemen to knights with no problem, playing as the Eqyptians.
                    Call me Frank.
                    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think I've been able to isolate this. The problem was I did not have the $$$ to upgrade.

It costs 80 (what? sous? ducats?) to upgrade from Horseman to Knight, as opposed to 20 to upgrade from Spearman to Pikeman. It appears that I did not have the 80 in my treasury when attempting to upgrade my Horseman.

However, when I *did* manage to scrape up 80, the confirmation dialog appeared, and I was able to upgrade.

So this can be resolved as "not a bug", but a message box stating, "You can't afford to!" would certainly be welcome.

Thanks,

Dar Steckelberg

Comment

Working...
                      X