800x600????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x600????

Has anybody tried running the game on a computer that is in 800x600? I have a laptop that doesn't support higher than 800x600, and I am wondering if there is no way I can play the game? I installed it and tried to run it but nothing comes up. Any ideas anybody? THanks a lot!!
    DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
    EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
    AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

I don't believe you can run it on anything lower than 1024x768...

Why did you buy it? Didn't you read the system requirements?

It quite clearly says "1024x768 capable monitor"...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Don't worry, I read the information. My main computer is able to run it, but my laptop cannot. Just a couple of questions, on my main computer I tried lowering the resolution of the computer to 800x600 and it still ran the game, is there a reason it still worked? Do you thinkt ehre is anyway Firaxis would make available something to atleast make so we can try to play it on an 800x600 screen? THanks alot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhuarc
        Don't worry, I read the information. My main computer is able to run it, but my laptop cannot. Just a couple of questions, on my main computer I tried lowering the resolution of the computer to 800x600 and it still ran the game, is there a reason it still worked? Do you thinkt ehre is anyway Firaxis would make available something to atleast make so we can try to play it on an 800x600 screen? THanks alot!!
        Most likely it worked because Civ 3 changed your screen resolution to 10x7 when you started it up. Not unusual.

Comment

Is there anyway you can fake a program into thinking that it has a resolution of a certain size, or even changing a setting in the game to allow for lower settings? Where in the game does it say that is what is required??? Thanks a lot for all your help!!

Comment

Working...
          X