No announcement yet.

Help- how do I diband trade agreements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- how do I diband trade agreements?

(note if you dont like stories head to the last paragraph for my question)

Ok, I really needed Saltpeter after researching gunpowder and of course I had none in my territory.

So the indians are the only civ with an extra saltpeter resource and so im stuck bartering with them to get it.

Having a small treasury they wouldnt accept a lump sum, I had no extra resources they wanted, and the only way I could get them to trade was to offer 20 gold a turn (ok so it was a rotten deal but I wanted saltpeter!!!)

Ok so Im doing good but then I get nationalism, and can build riflemen that do not require saltpeter. Ok, whatever, ill wait the 20 turns and get my 20g a turn back.

Ok now Im in the bloody modern area and im still paying 20 gold a turn for resources I dont need, and for the life of me I cant find anyway to disband it.

It seems that if you trade something on a turn basis (such as resource for resource or resource for gold/turn), it continues on indefinately unless stopped by a war. Yet if you pay a lump sum or whatever for a resource, it lasts 20 turns then is done.

Sorry im being longwinded so ill get to the point, how the hell do I disband indefinite trade agreements???

Contact the leader and ask to make a deal. Click on "Active" in the lower portion of the screen. All of your active treaty/trade agreements will appear on the table. Click on the egregious deal to remove it, then click on Never mind to close the table.

Comment

I'd have prefered if it was easier

egregious
      ?? you learn something new every day
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Thanks, I was having troubles with this also.

Comment

Working...
        X