sluggish gameplay..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sluggish gameplay..

can you give me any tweaks to improve the game performance..
    in playing standard map and its 1300+ AD, and completing turns is taking nearly 10 seconds,. which i find very annoying. i have turned enemy animations etc off. but still
    ---
    Duron 700 MHZ on ASUS A7V
    256MB
    Radeon 32mb SDR with DX8.0a
    Win ME @ 800 x 600 @ 16 bit

10 seconds per turn is not that bad...

Actually, I want some delay mechanism that will make sure that the AI will move at least 30 seconds. When it moves so fast I dont have time to make long range planning and just move the units and make some short range objectives.
    That's why in Civ2 MP games were always more complicated and fin to play.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

much of the annoyance and time wasted i mentioned is AI moving his galleons or other crap units that no one uses anymore back and forth between two squares

Comment

did you try and make shure you only have exploer and systray on and nothing else on the alt-tab-cntrl?

if not try closing those programs and free up memory

Davor

Comment

Ten seconds? Sweet!

When my games hit the mid industrial age they really start to slow down. Turns can take over two minutes. It only gets worse as I hit the modern age. This is on a large map with eight players. On a large map with twelve it started crawling around the end of the midieval era/early industrial.

I'm going to go down to the standard map size (even though I like big maps) and see if that helps any. I think it would certainly help if we had the option of NOT watching the AI move its units during peacetime. (Gandi slides thirty elephants back and forth between two of his cities. Gandi slides eleven workers up to the border and away again. Gandi slides... YAWN!)

I'm running the game on an 866 PIII with 128 meg of Ram and a GForce3. I'd think the game wouldn't crawl quite so bad. It's a wee bit frustrating, and takes a lot (most) of the fun out of trying to play the later half of the game.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X