Some oddities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some oddities...

Just finished my first game (default map options, 4 civs total, Chieftain difficulty, it's been quite a while since my civ2 days) and had a few odd things happen. I'd played a few games before, but this is the first I played all the way to 2050. In this game though, not once did I get a palace improvement screen, and only once did the "changing of age message" show up, even though I was well into the Indudtrial Age. Also, on a medium sized continent, three of the four civs started, and there was one source of iron, no horses, gold everywhere, some furs and that was IT. no saltpeter, oil, rubber, coal, spices, wines, gems...don't know about aluminum or uranium as I didn't get that far. the other continent (which the french had all to themselves) had ALL the goodies, as my explorations revealed. Is the resource distribution meant to be that lopsided, or was it random chance? Also, the border concept seems to need some work, as they are violated on a regular basis by the AI, and the constant need to tell the AI to saty on their side of the fence "or else" is moderately annoying.
Working...
X