Correct starting locations on world map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct starting locations on world map

My apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere; I haven't read through all of the fora.

In any case, how do you play on the world map with the civilizations in their correct starting locations, rather than scattered randomly about the globe (er, cylander)? I've been selecting the Huge Earth scenario, skipping the "customize world" screen (I don't see how it could possibly work with an earth map) clicking "all random" (or leaving things as they are) on the setup page for other civilizations, and starting -- but it doesn't work.

I can't imagine they simply left this out of the game; it was practically half the fun to play on a realistic world. (And what's the point of a scenario if it doesn't dictate starting locations?)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    The wisest man knows that he knows nothing.
    --Socrates

I recieved an email from Jeff Green at CGW and he believes that this is a dumb game decision-that is to randomize start locations. I can not believe this either.

Comment

I'm going to return the game if this is not solved.

Comment

It's not *that* bad...

Well, if worst comes to worst, someone can just create a new scenario with the starting locations in place -- no need to take back the game. But if that is a design decision, then yes, it is a monumentally stupid one -- isn't the game advertized as a way to rewrite history, not play some strange, completely different world?
        The wisest man knows that he knows nothing.
        --Socrates

Comment

Working...
        X