Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Governor ruining my game, please help me disable it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor ruining my game, please help me disable it...

Ok, maybe in the later stages of the game I will use the governor, but for now, I want to dictate my own buildings of unit/improvements/wonders. I have set it to "off" or "no" for EVERYTHING and made it the default. However, after I build a military unit it keeps switching production on me without asking, and it is pissing me off to no end. Remember in Civ II when you build an improvement it would ask you what to build next, but when you built a military unit it would just keep building them till you switched? how do I make it like that, but without filling the queue with 200 replicas of the same unit? I just want the city to pump out a particular unit, without using the queue.

Yeah, this pisses me off too. You can use the producion queue though, but I don't understand why it must change the production if none is on the queue.

Comment

You can control the governor by pressing "G" in the the city view. From the dialog that appears you can give your governor command on what to and what not to build.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominous
        You can control the governor by pressing "G" in the the city view. From the dialog that appears you can give your governor command on what to and what not to build.
        I know.. But you can't turn it off! And if you say to it "never build anything", it still changes your production if nothing is on queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wexu

I know.. But you can't turn it off! And if you say to it "never build anything", it still changes your production if nothing is on queue.
          exactly! isn't it fustrating??!!

Comment

of course

I hope a patch will change that, there should be an option to disable the Governor.
            No hay mejor vicio que un "buen vicio"...

Comment

now that sounds crap, you can't even disable the governor.... well, it seems like a patch is due even a few days after reelase

Comment

Originally posted by Wexu

Why would you want a city that produces nothing? I don't view that as a flaw.

Comment

Why would you want a city that produces nothing? I don't view that as a flaw.
                  That's not exactly what he was saying, try reading the entire thread before making a stupid remark.

Comment

You can turn the governor off, but the problem is that you need to check each option and set it to 'no citities' in the second column, then hit the 'O' confirm button.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1

That's not exactly what he was saying, try reading the entire thread before making a stupid remark.
                      I did read what he posted and the question still stands. Why would you want a city that produces nothing? It’s a waste of shields. I understand what he is saying: that the city would begin automatically producing something if there is nothing in the queue... Perhaps something that you don't want. But usually it will build something based on things you built before; also, if your paying attention to your cities in the first place you can change it before it makes any damage. So I find it hard to believe that it is a flaw. It appears though, unlike you, that Anunikuba has an answer to his problem.

Also my post wasn’t a remark, it was a question. So why don’t you grow up before posting unconstructive infant like statements used to flame ppl.

Comment

Re: Governor ruining my game, please help me disable it...

Dominous, you should really learn to read. As bigfree1 already stated "try to read the whole thread", before you come to say something stupid.

Now, READ:

Originally posted by Nemo
                        Remember in Civ II when you build an improvement it would ask you what to build next, but when you built a military unit it would just keep building them till you switched? how do I make it like that, but without filling the queue with 200 replicas of the same unit? I just want the city to pump out a particular unit, without using the queue.
                        Nobody said he'd want build NOTHING, we just want that city produces the same unit if nothing's in queue. Like in my game, I have many cities, I'm trying to build marines/infantry etc. But when the queue ends, governor switches production to .. SAMURAI?! So maybe you'll understand the problem now? No, don't say that I must put hundreds of marines/infantrys to the queues...

Why do I even bother..

PS. I really hope Anunikoba's solution works, so I go test it right now.

edit: There's no "no cities" in the governor screen? I've put everything to NEVER and ALL CITIES, but it still switches the production. This must be fixed in the patch.
                        Last edited by Wexu; November 3, 2001, 12:46.

Comment

Gentleman the intrusive governor is just one of the many bugs. How about the resource scheme ? Can't build units until you the resources. They only problem the maps generated have very little of these resources. I am reminded of "Colonization" which has that problem. Sorry Sid the idea doesn't work. Your only human. How about the inability to select starting location for scenario ?
                          We need to get a patch list together fast and shove it in Fireaxis's face. I mean confront them, fix it now !' Otherwise the word wil get out that Civ 3 is no better than CTP I and II.
                          Civ 2 still is the best game. I hope they
                          fix Civ 3, so I can change my mind.

Lets fix Civ III ?

Comment

Dominous: i DO want my cities to produce SOMETHING, just not what the game wants to produce. (why would i want a city to produce nothing?? )

But usually it will build something based on things you built before;
                            that's what firaxis CLAIMS, but it is not true: for example, i NEVER build the damn catapult (it always freakin' backfires, and gets me killed); yet the cities ALWAYS produce a catapult when the queue is not full. ...the cities seem to defualut to bombardment units when the queue is empty instead of the last unit produced.
                            also, if your paying attention to your cities in the first place you can change it before it makes any damage.
                            you are not an expansionist are you?

So I find it hard to believe that it is a flaw. It appears though, unlike you, that Anunikuba has an answer to his problem.
                            it is a most annoying thing, whether intentional or not, it if damned fustrating, and needs to have the *option* for me to turn the freaking thing off.

Anunikoba: i'll give it a try...i turned them all off, checked "default" and clicked the O, but mine where set to "in this city" ...so i willl tryi it with "no city" and see what happens, thanks.

P.S. whats the deal with the catapults&cannons backfiring all the time (well, ok, more like 70% of the time)? what is the reasoning for this, it is soooo annoying, that i stopped building the bombardment units.
                            Last edited by Nemo; November 3, 2001, 13:29.

Comment

Anunikoba: what "no city" option are you referring to? i only have "in this city" "on this continent" "everywhere"

Comment

Working...
                              X