No announcement yet.

Raised the land!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've changed a lot of things now, it's reaching a point where I have to do a lot of work and checking to see if it looks good in the game.

I've changed a few things now, the pine forest, irrigation, grass, hills and some mountains.

The irrigation is quite interesting, because I am able to make 4 different types of irrigation, and 20 different looks for each of those types, so there's up to 80 differen't irrigation appearences I can make.

How it works is, there is irrigation for 4 different types of land, tundra, grassland, plain and desert.

For each type of land, there are 20 different looks of irrigation on each.
    I was thinking that this would be great, because I can put farmland (the different coloured patch types) and wheat farm on the plains. I can put that Irish/English type farmland on the grassland, maybe potatoes on desert? and I dunno about tundra..

what do ppl really want most changed?
    be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

what do ppl really want most changed?
      In my opinion, you shouldn't knock yourself out inventing huge amounts of irrigation before you tackle other common elements, namely:

1) Roads and highways. As they are, they look like grey crochet, repetitive and dull. Can you make overpasses and spaghetti junctions, that sort of thing? Dirt roads and paved roads...
      2) Railroads - any chance of more details like stations?
      3) Forests - deciduous, pine, etc.
      4) Ports and harbours that actually extend out from the cites into the water. (I find the little anchor symbol inadequate.)

I know this is a lot, Sn00ps, but your work is so impressive that you've got my imagination going. (I know this is cyber-heresy, but I'd even pay extra for your art if it works as well as it seems.) Thanks again.

Comment

Just out of curiosity:

What graphics program do you use, Snoop? I don't have one on my computer (well, not a *real* one, anyways-just Windows Paintbrush). And about how much did it cost?

Marc

Comment

Can we download this mod yet snoopy?

Comment

Nice

Is that ice from AoK btw?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

IW: I never copy work, I always create my own.

EP: I've sent it to MarkG, he should have it up.

tmarcl: I use Photoshop 6.0, costs $600 NZ

Thanks for your input Jeanette, I'll have a look at those thoughts you have, see what I can come up with.
              be free

Comment

That's Jeannette with two 'n's, if you don't mind.

Looking forward to your design.

- Jeannette Bathory

Comment

Available as a mod??

Are these graphics going to be available as a package, or are we always going to have to downbload them all seperatley? Also, will these graphics work with othe mods that people create, or are the file names being changed by your graphics? Basically I wqant to know if I can use these graphics as the base graphics for the game. The graphics are really looking great Snoopy!! I especially like the blue water. I think Firaxis did a decent job of graphics, but I think these should jhust add a little bit to the game. Thanks!!!
                  DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                  EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                  AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                  X