Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with air superiority mission -- bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with air superiority mission -- bug?

I seem to be having trouble getting the air superiority mission to actually do anything. I assign the air superiority mission to figthers but apparently nothing happens. I never seem to see any enemy planes shot down or even attacked even if they are bombing the same square my fighters have been assigned for air superiority. Have read through both the manual and the strategy guide but haven't found an explanation....anybody else notice this or am I overlooking something? I believe it pretty much cost me the game I was playing because enemy planes could bombard my territory at will. thanks in advance

I have the exact same problem. I posted a thread in the "strategy" forum with the same issue. I thought I was just screwing it up, so I posted it in "strategy" instead of "help", but I guess it could be a bug. Anybody have any info on this?

Comment

*bump*

If you are not having a problem with this please someone say so, and describe what happens when your fighter intercepts a bomber.
      Thanks for reading,
      Mike

Comment

Yep, same problem here, I had two fighters assigned for air superiority in a city which was bombarded by about 10 bombers and I've seen none interceptions so far. (Many turns they've bombed my city). I've seen AI intercepting my WWII bombers with jet fighters couple of times though. But I think fighters are way too lousy to be any use. Maybe we change that with editor? Seems like a some sort of bug though.

Comment

I generally don't like to whine, but....

This makes me wonder what the reviewers were playing to not mention this bug in any of the reviews I have read. Maybe it is possible to get to the modern age without an air war and they didn't notice this, but I haven't been able to avoid that in both games I've played where I have lasted that long.

....I guess I wouldn't be complaining but for me this is a REALLY great game if not for this bug. Hope Firaxis fixes this quickly....

Comment

Ditto...

Same here. I have never been able to shoot down any bombers regardless of my fighter total. It's irritating as hell.

I was actually going to win my first game until this....

Comment

same problem here!!!
              FIRAXIS, plz fix it asap!!!!!

Comment

bump

again.. is there anyone out there that does NOT have this problem... then we might be able to find out that its not a bug lol
                Thanks for reading,
                Mike

Comment

Soren, a developer from Firaxis, doesn't seem to have this problem.

I wonder what version he is using?

Comment

AS not working here either.
                    The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

It's definitely a bug... Could we please get an ETA on the first patch? My motivation to play the game is drastically dropping because of bugs like this

Comment

Never really had the need of fighters... it seems to be alot about ground superiority for me... as odd as that sounds... they bomb and bombard the **** outta me and aslong as i have a ton of roads it doesn't do much. Other then that all they do is kill some citizens. If you send 20 rifflemen over there you can kill all there bombers well there on the ground. (Civ 3 doesn't have multiplayer??????????!??!??)
                        -----------------------------------------
                        Kibbles and bits, kibbles and bits, i'm going to get me some kibbles and bits!
                        _________

Comment

oh yea..and the germans kick ass, but wtf is there special unit?..tell me and i'll give u a cookie!
                          -----------------------------------------
                          Kibbles and bits, kibbles and bits, i'm going to get me some kibbles and bits!
                          _________

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                            Soren, a developer from Firaxis, doesn't seem to have this problem.

I wonder what version he is using?
                            I'm starting to wonder if turning off debugging mode for the release broke the game in a few subtle ways...
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed

I'm starting to wonder if turning off debugging mode for the release broke the game in a few subtle ways...
                              That is what I am almost thinking. That, or they accidentally shipped out an obsolete build!

Comment

Working...
                              X